9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

First Look at the Civic Hatch?

After a 5 door Civic mule was spotted in Germany 2 weeks ago, this render offers us the first potential look at the UK built 5 door Civic hatchback.

The 10th Generation will be the first factory equipped Civic with turbo power. The ILX/Euro hatch mule was actually found to be registered in the UK with a 1.5L Engine. In addition the 10th gen is expected to be the largest Civic yet.

The Civic is expected to debut in production form later this year, potentially at the Frankfurt motor show in September.

Civic Coupe EX-L Rendered

Paring down the concept coupe from New York leaves us with a tasteful and attractive 10th Gen Civic EX-L.

Losing it's valences, wing and visually assaulting Lemon-Lime paint job does nothing to detract from the flowing contour line, stunning lightbar and now traditional Honda family face. 17" Alloys round out the package. Honda is likely to offer front and rear lip kits, side skirts, spoilers, LEDs and leather trimmings as options. Look for the production coupe to debut sometime this year, potentially at the Frankfurt motor show in September.

The Simple LX Civic Sedan

If you thought the 10th Gen Coupe Concept was a one trick pony you'll be forgiven as the sedan is just as stunning. Arguably the Civic Sedan benefits far more from the swooping contour lines then the already racy coupe does.

the LX Sedan is the bread and butter of the family and Honda is expected to up the kit for 2016. Apple/Android compatibility, touch screen interface and LED lamps all around are a few of the rumoured additions to the tried at true 1.8L 4 cylinder. Most will find themselves mated to Honda's surprisingly not bad CVT.

Look for the production Sedan to debut later this year along with the Hatch and Coupe, potentially at the Frankfurt motor show in September.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
I'm missing the 8th gen more and more.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
The hatch from the side looks "ok". It looks like a Volvo from the rear.

The coupe version looks just like an Accord coupe.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The hatch looks decent. Not my thing, but it could do well.

The coupe definitely has a sporty feel to it, but if the dimensions are similar, seeing out the rear of that car is going to be a major headache. The rear lights are slick on it, I don't mind the unibar set up. The front bumper is a bit overdone - I find it distracting to the aesthetics of the grille, which are well done. They need to tone down the mammoth inserts.

Sedan is pretty good - the front looks like an Accord, though the silhouette of the car reminds me of the last gen Mazda6 a bit. The rear end being pulled upward does strike me a bit off and the taillights are good- can't decide a feeling one way or another on them. It looks much bigger than the current car.

I'm really anxious to see the interior. I detest the new touch screen radio interface they've put into mid-to-upper trim levels and god forbid if they put the touch screen HVAC from the HR-V in it. That'd completely rule out any possibility I'd consider buying one.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The hatch is just the HR-V with it's legs cut off at the knees.
Still, it would be nice to have a hatch option in the US again.

Oh and please get rid of all fake exhaust tips/outlets/finishers.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Of the 3 I think I like the shape and look of the hatchback the best. Would be cool if Honda came out with a hatchback Si but we can all dream. I don't think I want my Civic any bigger than the 9thgen the 10thgen Civic looks really big and heavy design wise I'm still undecided.

·
Registered
521 Posts
No words for the hatch...the coupe looks like the current gen accord coupe....the sedan looks like a TLX. I am starting to like my 9th gen more and more. Plus that 1.5 turbo motor won't be good for any RELIABLE performance.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm missing the 8th gen more and more.
really I always thought the 8th gen was fugly
I skipped that gen all together.
Had a 6,7 and now a 9th gen.
To me the 7th gen em2 was about the coolest looking civic
and maybe the slowest...lol
but everyone has an opinion

the white one looks like an accord

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
really I always thought the 8th gen was fugly
I skipped that gen all together.
Had a 6,7 and now a 9th gen.
To me the 7th gen em2 was about the coolest looking civic
and maybe the slowest...lol
but everyone has an opinion

the white one looks like an accord
I'm with Scotty on this. The 8th gen Civic was a high point in the aesthetics of the Civic brand. It looked extremely upscale compared to competitors of that era and, for the most part, they've aged very nicely. The look of the 8th gen coupe was vastly superior to the 9th gen, at least in my eyes (though I was very partial to the side profile of my 2012 Si coupe (the front and rear did nothing for me)

IMG_0314.jpg

I had a 2010 EX-L sedan and I can tell you if I were shopping year-end in 2011 and I saw a 2011 EX-L next to a 2012 EX-L, the choice would be an absolute no brainer.

Civic1.jpg Civic2.jpg Civic4.jpg Civic5.jpg

·
Registered
607 Posts
mno86,

I dont get it, why on earth would you want to go back to the 8th gen with all the horrible road and wind noise?? These problems were GREATLY reduced starting in 2013!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
mno86,

I dont get it, why on earth would you want to go back to the 8th gen with all the horrible road and wind noise?? These problems were GREATLY reduced starting in 2013!
It's been years since I've had my 2006 Si and just a few less for my 2010 EX-L. I was active on the forums then too, and honestly, I never really noticed an unbearable (or even really noticeable) amount of road/wind noise on those two cars. That experience only happened when I had my 2012 (and was among the main reasons I got rid of it after a year - it was unbearable). The 2006 Si I had was an absolute lemon, but my God that was the most enjoyable car to drive I've ever owned. The 2013 is more manageable as a daily driver, but the fun factor is far less than the 2006 was.

Ironically, the in-depth tests show the 2012 to be quieter than the outgoing model (can't find the link), but honestly - that was far from my experience. Memory may be betraying me. I've always been particular, so I feel I'd have noticed it if it were bad.

I also enjoyed the interior of those models a bit more, particularly the seats. The 2006-2011 Si seats were fantastic, and I loved the cover for the beverage holder, was bummed they took that away. That said, the 2013+ models feel much more substantial.

But you're so right - the 2013+ is significantly quieter. I am very happy with it. It's no Lexus in terms of insulation, but I can actually enjoy a conversation with a passenger.

I'm incredibly anxious to see interior shots of the 2016 Civic. I wonder if they'll do away with the double-din speedometer.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
I'll also say that my 2011 was not any wind or road noisier than my current 2012. I loved the aesthetics of the 8th gen. There are things that are better about the 9th gen, as well, but it's not a wash either way.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I absolutely love all 3 of them. My favorite is the hatch though.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
It's been years since I've had my 2006 Si and just a few less for my 2010 EX-L. I was active on the forums then too, and honestly, I never really noticed an unbearable (or even really noticeable) amount of road/wind noise on those two cars. That experience only happened when I had my 2012 (and was among the main reasons I got rid of it after a year - it was unbearable). The 2006 Si I had was an absolute lemon, but my God that was the most enjoyable car to drive I've ever owned. The 2013 is more manageable as a daily driver, but the fun factor is far less than the 2006 was.

Ironically, the in-depth tests show the 2012 to be quieter than the outgoing model (can't find the link), but honestly - that was far from my experience. Memory may be betraying me. I've always been particular, so I feel I'd have noticed it if it were bad.

I also enjoyed the interior of those models a bit more, particularly the seats. The 2006-2011 Si seats were fantastic, and I loved the cover for the beverage holder, was bummed they took that away. That said, the 2013+ models feel much more substantial.

But you're so right - the 2013+ is significantly quieter. I am very happy with it. It's no Lexus in terms of insulation, but I can actually enjoy a conversation with a passenger.

I'm incredibly anxious to see interior shots of the 2016 Civic. I wonder if they'll do away with the double-din speedometer.
I can add to this a bit. My fiancé has a 2011 LX sedan and I have a '12 Si coupe. I come from a 2007 MINI Cooper S which, though the engines suck pretty bad, the build quality is relatively high. I have never had any issues with wind noise in my '12 Si, though I do like that there isn't enough sound deadening to drown out the exhaust and induction noise it makes. I find it very peaceful with the windows up and relaxing on the highway.

I need to drive a newer model to see if there really is a big difference.

·
Registered
433 Posts
They all look... nice. LED lighs all around is pretty sweet.
Hatch: Looks like a Volvo V40 wagon
Coupe: Nice Job Honda. It's the first Civic coupe I liked since the EK.
Sedan: Eh, I was expecting more. To me it looks BIG. Too big. Thankfully it won't make my 9th gen sedan look very dated at all.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I really like the hatchback, a Si or even R model of that body style that looks similar to this rendering could be enough to keep me in a Honda. I will be very interested to see what the actual cars look like and how close these renderings actually are. The sedan one looks kind of long tough.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts