9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Honda people always hate the new car until it becomes old. I dont have strong feelings either way on it. I was one of the few who liked the more in your face styling of the 10th gen, this one is a little sedate. That said it has a nice sleek look. The front bumper is a little odd to me. The way the hood slopes down into the grill reminds me of a beluga whale.
haha, yea, that's with any car. Just like the new BRZ, ppl are hating on it. I think every car grows on ppl over time. We'll see in time. IMO, I don't think the 11th gen si is too bad; def prefer it over the 10th gen (exterior).

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 10th gen Exterior turned me off so much that I actually got a 9th gen instead. I never got over the rear end of the 10th. This 11th gen tho, I may be interested in getting it.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,503 Posts
That looks like a rendering.

I do like the way the instrument hood harkens back to the 1st and 2nd gen Civics.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
285 Posts
That looks like a rendering.

I do like the way the instrument hood harkens back to the 1st and 2nd gen Civics.
Correct. It's a rendering. But it looks to actually be from Honda and not a 3rd party.

I like how it's really understated. Nice clean lines. The 9th and 10th (not as bad as the 9th) interiors were a little busy,

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, no coupe, then no sale for me. And I'm not really crazy about where the Civic's styling has been going. There are 4-door cars that do look sleek and attractive and that I would get if there absolutely was no more coupes at all (even used) in my price range -- these include the first gen Hyundai Elantra, the newest Sonata, the newer Chevy Malibu (for a larger car, anyway), and even the pre-2018 Kia Rio is pretty nice looking for a little 4-door car. But these Civics (10th and 11th gen) just look odd. I've never really liked that little twirly thing they've been doing with the back part of the rear side windows -- I was hoping it would be gone for the 11th gen, but I guess not.

It was nice that Honda has long provided a 2-door version of the Civic, either in hatch or coupe form, but now, they're telling me that if I want a sporty-looking 2-door Honda, then pony up about $150k for an NSX. So, again, no sale.

Curiously, when I looked at the info online about the 11th gen, there was one statement that said that the 11th gen Civic is the first Civic with a fully digital dash, but I always thought that the 10th gen had a full screen for the gauge cluster. Our 9th gens are almost completely digital -- just the tach is analog -- but I thought the tach in the 10th gen was shown on a screen. Am I wrong about that?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts