9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve read all over the google and used the search function and can’t find anything. Is there a diameter or flow difference between the 12-13 si muffler and the 14-15 si muffler? Supposedly the newer si have a freer flowing exhaust.

·
Registered
498 Posts
not sure of the muffler, but i know the 14-15 have bigger diameter exhaust pipping.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I honestly cant see any real gain coming from Swapping out factory mufflers alone. Why not go with a full exhaust setup? If your wanting gains but also stay quiet get a HFC downpipe with the invidia q300 exhaust and maybe add an extra resonator or muffler to help keep it more quiet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I honestly cant see any real gain coming from Swapping out factory mufflers alone. Why not go with a full exhaust setup? If your wanting gains but also stay quiet get a HFC downpipe with the invidia q300 exhaust and maybe add an extra resonator or muffler to help keep it more quiet?
The problem lies with the performance gain. People don’t seem to gain much power over stock exhaust on a 14-15 si. Mostly just sound. I’ve considered the Injen axle back but it’s the same diameter as stock.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,507 Posts
The problem lies with the performance gain. People don’t seem to gain much power over stock exhaust on a 14-15 si. Mostly just sound. I’ve considered the Injen axle back but it’s the same diameter as stock.
I had the Injen axleback for a few years. Your not going to get much gains with a axleback it is mostly for sound..

·
Registered
793 Posts
Its the same with the 12-13 as well. Performance gains are only seen with changing the downpipe on our cars When it comes to the exhaust system. Are you running stock downpipe?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its the same with the 12-13 as well. Performance gains are only seen with changing the downpipe on our cars When it comes to the exhaust system. Are you running stock downpipe?
Right on. I was really hoping a stock B pipe/ muffler from the 14-15 would help.
No. It has a catless down pipe and an intake resonator delete. That’s all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts