9th Gen Civic Forum banner

441 - 460 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need either Honda HDS software with HIM interface or one of the aftermarket devices that you have already discovered.
My source at Honda told me. That they are coming out with a stand alone tool. That will work with all Honda TPMS systems that use pressure sensors in the wheels.

So, unless you know someone with HDS/HIM (or aftermarket tool) the answer to your question (in red) is NO.

Thanks! I can see HIM cables on eBay for under $30. Getting software is trickier, although I did see few BT links :) Anyway I called my local Mavis Tire, they claim they can change sensor and program car computer for $45...
Also got MaxiTPMS and it works great! Just needed update firmware. It detected all but 1 sensors in my Honda, so I knew which one was bad and and ordered replacement on Amazon.
Tool also works on my other car (Chevy Colorado)

·
Registered
1 Posts
tpms sensor

replaced all sensors. Took to Honda service pd 115.oo for diagnostic test showed car needed 4 new sensors. 2012 honda civic. HELP Jim 1,000 spent

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hi Jim, welcome to the forum.

Not entirely sure what your question is. Did you already have the 4 sensors replaced? Are you asking whether or not you should?

Sometimes the sensors go bad and need to be replaced. My wife's 2011 had two bad sensors and they are not cheap. Look around online and compare prices. A local tire shop should also be able to replace them for you.

Also, you don't HAVE to have sensors in your wheels. You will just have to live with the TPMS light always on while you're driving. You will just have to manually check your tire pressures (which most of us do anyways).

Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
bought my 12 civic si recently and guy put new sensors in and the light still comes up. Ive driven several hundred miles already and it hasnt gone away. Do I need to take it to Honda?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Absurd. I can't believe Honda would make this so complicated. They know everyone pretty much buys aftermarket items for any civic. Including better rims and tires. And to have to go through all these hoops just for that tpms? It's absurd!!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
Absurd. I can't believe Honda would make this so complicated. They know everyone pretty much buys aftermarket items for any civic. Including better rims and tires. And to have to go through all these hoops just for that tpms? It's absurd!!
The huge majority of Civic owners stay with the stock wheels and tires (until they wear out). The enthusiast market is a very small percentage.

Also, you are looking at the 'complicated' aspect in hindsight. At the time, 2008, maybe?, the available technology was to put sensors in the wheels so that the ECU could read them as the wheels rotated. Later on, the tech evolved to the point that in-wheel sensors were no longer necessary.

·
Registered
27 Posts
TPMS Indicator message stays on

The TPMS message turns on in my 2012 Civic. I checked the pressure of all four tires and they are good. I guess the one (or more) of the sensors is bad or battery is low. How can I tell which one is is the culprit? Thanks,

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The TPMS message turns on in my 2012 Civic. I checked the pressure of all four tires and they are good. I guess the one (or more) of the sensors is bad or battery is low. How can I tell which one is is the culprit? Thanks,
You will need a tire shop or Honda dealer to diagnosis this.
Is the tire pressure light on (_!_) or the TPMS letters?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Mine did the same thing when the tires did get low after driving from civilized warm weather to a state that has blizzards and single digit temps. late in the season. The tire pressures did drop due to ambient temps. I took it by a Honda dealer, had them air up the tires (free) and they said the sensor light will go out after a couple of miles of just driving the car. They were right.

Reactions: Teeps

·
Registered
71 Posts
tpms

so when i went to start my car the check tpms sign came on and start blinking. I checked all tire pressure and there all at 32 psi. The light still on wont go away. Has anyone ever had this problem i do have a tire with a slow leak so every couple days i have been needing to put air in. i was planning on buying tires in a week or two. Has anyone had this problem? could it be the tires? Im thinking maybe sensor went bad has anyone have exp in changing that sensor? thanks guys for all the help really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Has anyone had this problem?
could it be the tires?
has anyone have exp in changing that sensor?
Yes. Had a nail in a tire; air leaked out. The TPMS system saved me from destroying the tire... second best safety system after seat belts.
Only to the extent that they (tires) are not holding air pressure
Yes. The tire is best dismounted, the faulty sensor replaced, then remount & balance the tire/wheel assembly.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
Two recent threads merged into main '12 - '13 TPMS thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 civic si i bought brand new 18" rims and tires online w/ TPMS sensors already installed Mounted and balanced before ship to me I put them on, and TPMS light comes on blanks everything how do I get it off

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 2013 civic si i bought brand new 18" rims and tires online w/ TPMS sensors already installed Mounted and balanced before ship to me I put them on, and TPMS light comes on blanks everything how do I get it off
The new sensors will need to be programmed to the car. Dealer or tire shop with the appropriate tools.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I recently bought winter tires with TPMS from tirerack.com for my 2012 Civic EX. I bought the ATEQ Quickset to be able to swap tires for winter/summer without going to the shop and so I have the sensor ID's for both sets of sensors.

I had the tires installed by a local tire shop and they were able to upload the new sensor ID's, however the low pressure warning light is flashing and beeping constantly. It never turns off; it constantly beeps and flashes while driving.
They didn't know how to solve this issue, so I brought it to a local Honda dealer and they had about 30mins to an hour with it before they had to close for the day to diagnose and they told me that they have never seen this issue before. They also said the sensors are functioning and not damaged. They recommend I come back and be able to leave the car with them to diagnose but said it could be upwards of $350 for them to diagnose and fix...

Here is a video of the issue:

Has anyone seen this issue before and have a solution? Please help! Thank you!

Edit: I will also note that the tpms sensors are TRW S016. I have not personally done the inflate/deflate process to see if that fixes it. Is that likely the issue?

Update 10/23: I finally had time to do the inflate/deflate process and.. it worked! No more light or beeping!
For reference, it was: 1) inflate to 44psi, 2) deflate to 20psi, 3)inflate to 32psi (nominal). Drove for about 100ft and the warning went off.

I am really surprised neither the tire shop or dealer knew to do this...
Thanks to those in the thread with the solution!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
You paid for the quickset so put it to work...

Input the new sensor id's to the quickset and then upload to the car. It may take 5-10 minutes of driving at speed for the dinging to clear.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
New ID's are programmed to the ECU; I have pulled them with the Quickset and confirmed they are for the new tires and not the three-season tires. My only thought is that either the sensor ID's were input incorrectly by the tire shop or the sensors are still 'sleeping'. Maybe I should just get the ATEQ VT31 and confirm...?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Edit: I will also note that the tpms sensors are TRW S016. I have not personally done the inflate/deflate process to see if that fixes it. Is that likely the issue?
According to the genuine Honda online parts catalog our 2012 Civic EX cars take
Part Number: 42753-TR3-A81

There is the possibility that sensor assy., tpms P/N 42753-TR3-A81 has been supersceeded to TRW S016...

I contacted AHM parts and they confirmed that P/N 42753-TR3-A81 is not supersceeded.

I believe the problem is you have is incompatible sensors.
What is the complete P/N for the sensors you bought?

441 - 460 of 479 Posts