9th Gen Civic Forum banner
481 - 490 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Si Coupe
5 Posts
Are you able to design the PCBs? I wouldn't mind taking on the project to brush up on my skills.
I'm actually waiting for the first run of a few PCBs to come in! Once I get them soldered up, I'll do some more testing to make sure it's safe to run long-term.

No issues with either breadboard or perf-board prototypes over the last few weeks...

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm actually waiting for the first run of a few PCBs to come in! Once I get them soldered up, I'll do some more testing to make sure it's safe to run long-term.

No issues with either breadboard or perf-board prototypes over the last few weeks...
Just FYI, I'm game for paying for a prototype, even if it's something I can only use temporarily (lower tire pressure at drag strip).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for checking that for me, Teeps. From Tire Rack email with them: "The TPMS sensor manufacturer of S016 is TRW (same as OE / 42753-TR3-A81)". So, I believe they should be the correct sensors - although they came installed in the wheels so I can't confirm with 100% certainty.

Update!: I finally had time to do the inflate/deflate process and.. it worked! No more light or beeping!
For reference, it was: 1) inflate to 44psi, 2) deflate to 20psi, 3)inflate to 32psi (nominal). Drove for about 100ft and the warning went off.

I am really surprised neither the tire shop or dealer knew to do this...
Thanks to those in the thread with the solution!
I understand this is an old discussion, but hoping someone can tell me whether the car should be off or on and running when doing the inflate/deflate/inflate process. I have a 2013 Civic. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
For your car just inflating the tire(s) to 32psi (cold) "car on or off" should clear the TPMS warning. The next time the ignition is cycles and the car is driven for while.
Not sure why xenith10 had to do that hokey-pokey he wrote about to get his car's warning to go off.

Depending on the car's mileage the TPMS sensor batteries could be used up too... According to Honda they should be good for 10 years.
My '12 EX has just under 50k miles; I'm expecting TPMS battery failure anytime now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For your car just inflating the tire(s) to 32psi (cold) "car on or off" should clear the TPMS warning. The next time the ignition is cycles and the car is driven for while.
Not sure why xenith10 had to do that hokey-pokey he wrote about to get his car's warning to go off.

Depending on the car's mileage the TPMS sensor batteries could be used up too... According to Honda they should be good for 10 years.
My '12 EX has just under 50k miles; I'm expecting TPMS battery failure anytime now.
I'm getting a "Check TPMS System" message not the usual "Check Tire Pressure" message associated with low tire pressure.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,270 Posts
I'm getting a "Check TPMS System" message not the usual "Check Tire Pressure" message associated with low tire pressure.
Could be a bad TPMS sensor as in broken and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Could be a bad TPMS sensor as in broken and needs to be replaced.
I had OEM '13 HFP wheels installed with Michelin CC2 tires, and the shop replaced two of the sensors. The "Check TPMS System" message displayed about 12 miles into my drive back home.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I had OEM '13 HFP wheels installed with Michelin CC2 tires, and the shop replaced two of the sensors. The "Check TPMS System" message displayed about 12 miles into my drive back home.
Sounds like the shop didn't activate/code your sensors to the car properly. You will need to go back and have them correct the problem.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for your input. It turned out that one of the sensors was malfunctioning, so the tire shop replaced it. Strangely, after the sensor was replaced, the "Check Tire Pressure" message was blinking on and off. Fortunately, it stopped about 5 miles down the interstate. No messages for the rest of my 25 mile drive home.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Thanks for your input. It turned out that one of the sensors was malfunctioning, so the tire shop replaced it. Strangely, after the sensor was replaced, the "Check Tire Pressure" message was blinking on and off. Fortunately, it stopped about 5 miles down the interstate. No messages for the rest of my 25 mile drive home.
This is normal. It takes a while for the sensors to register. Glad you got it sorted.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

481 - 490 of 490 Posts