9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experimenting with different tire pressures for my new EX sedan with the Continental tires. What would be the ideal PSI for the best mix of ride comfort, maximum fuel economy, and maximum tread life?

Would it be 32 PSI all around as indicated on the door plate?

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
I am experimenting with different tire pressures for my new EX sedan with the Continental tires. What would be the ideal PSI for the best mix of ride comfort, maximum fuel economy, and maximum tread life?

Would it be 32 PSI all around as indicated on the door plate?
Depends on temperatures and how much weight your carrying.if your solo then keep it stock

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
261 Posts
Reactions: 79537

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't 35 PSI make for a firm, stiff ride?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The recommended 32 PSI, I would think, will give you the maximum tread life.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 13 Civic Si Sedan I can't locate the recommended PSI in the owners manual it should be on page 297 of the owners manual which talks about maintenance for your tires but I don't see that. I see on the forums some ppl say between 32-35 but I'd like to see this for myself. Any idea where exactly in the manual I can find the recommended PSI? Thanks

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,407 Posts
For many years I have traditionally run (car and motorcycle) tires at 2 psi over recommended, and continue to do so. I run my car's at 34 psi.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
I have a 13 Civic Si Sedan I can't locate the recommended PSI in the owners manual it should be on page 297 of the owners manual which talks about maintenance for your tires but I don't see that. I see on the forums some ppl say between 32-35 but I'd like to see this for myself. Any idea where exactly in the manual I can find the recommended PSI? Thanks
There is a sticker on the driver side door panel that advises of recommended PSI if you are looking for some sort of confirmation.
BTW Scotty and Kyle I've been running 32PSI since I got the car but maybe I'll give 34PSI a try since hearing that from both of you.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
I wouldn't run any tire pressure on the Continentals. They are the single worst set of tires I ever owned. A piece of metal cut one of mine down and I replaced them with Michelin Defenders. Just bite the bullet and get it over with. I run 32 front and 30 rear. The car is front weight biased and the ride and gas mileage are fine. 36. 2 mpg all town right now. Just do what works for you.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,407 Posts
I really have no issues with my stock Contis. As you say, RC, our R18s are not race cars, they are economy cars. My Contis are acceptably quiet, handle well in the wet (including snow) or dry, and generally do their job well.

However, when they wear out I will not be replacing them with same. I will consider the Defenders, as well as one or two other all-purpose (all-season) tires. You had one tire destroyed, so you were both fortunate and unfortunate that you had to replace them so early.

·
Registered
96 Posts
LX/EX/EXL Stock Tire/Wheel/PSI thread

I got 8 wheels and had them put 4 on with new snow tires the day I bought the car. They bagged up the wheels with the all seasons and put them in the car for me to bring home .
I never did see them and just put them in a shed for a week . So now I have opened and removed the bags from all of them because they bagged them up soaking wet and I checked the tires out. They are Hankook Optimo H426's .P205/55R16.
Then did a little searching the internet about them and OMG . . I think they have the worst ratings I have seen on tires.
It doesn't surprise me very much because most car manufacturers do the same thing and put el'cheapos on new cars . .
Oh well , they will probably do me at least one summer season and maybe can squeeze two seasons out of them before replacing them with much better quality ones .
At least in this area 16's are about $400.00 a set less that the 17's I had on my CR-V .

1 - 20 of 114 Posts