9th Gen Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I always get the best Toyo tires, and I've been using them for over 20 years. Nothing handles better than the best Toyo tires, or lasts longer. I wouldn't have Hankook on my wheelbarrow.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
We would benefit greatly if we knew in the first two posts which models of Toyo tires you guys were talking about.

It would be pretty funny if you were both talking about the same model.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
We would benefit greatly if we knew in the first two posts which models of Toyo tires you guys were talking about.

It would be pretty funny if you were both talking about the same model.
Toyo Proxes A18.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
I always get the best Toyo tires, and I've been using them for over 20 years. Nothing handles better than the best Toyo tires, or lasts longer. I wouldn't have Hankook on my wheelbarrow.
By best are you talking about Toyo T1R or which model?
Hankook Ventus V12 are considered one of the better summer performance tires out there lol and a relative bargain for the price as they compare well to similar tires priced much higher.:winky:

Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 Comparison Tests - Page 10 - Car and Driver

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have 25,000 miles on my stock tires currently, but I think I have a broke belt in one on the drivers side which is really annoying the heck out of me. What would be a great All Season High Performance Tire?

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
I have 25,000 miles on my stock tires currently, but I think I have a broke belt in one on the drivers side which is really annoying the heck out of me. What would be a great All Season High Performance Tire?
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S
Yokohama Advan
Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position
IMO.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The best Toyo tires are my favorite, and I've used them for a long time. They are warranted for 65,000 to 80,000 miles, depending on the size. As everyone knows, the Oregon Coast is in a rain belt, but seldom has ice or snow. The upper end Toyo tires are fantastic on wet pavement, and the ride is superb, as is the handling. I can't speak for the less expensive Toyo tires because I've never used them. The Nankook tires that came standard on my Civic EX Coupe were abominable, and did a disservice to the car. No matter what brand you buy, get the best tires you can find; the others are not worth having.

·
Registered
229 Posts
In my opinion, anything that's not generally regarded as a summer tire is bad for me :p

I've had Continental ContiPro, Kumho Ecsta 4X, Primewell PZ-900, Hankook Ventus HR2, Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Bridgestone Potenza RE760, and Michelin Pilot Super Sports. And yes, these tires were all on my Civic. I just switched wheels and tires a lot.

So far, my favorite are the RE760s and the Michelin PSS. The all seasons didn't have enough grip for me.

Now I am using the Hankooks for my daily, and the Michelin for my autocross and track.

·
Registered
213 Posts
In my opinion, anything that's not generally regarded as a summer tire is bad for me :p

I've had Continental ContiPro, Kumho Ecsta 4X, Primewell PZ-900, Hankook Ventus HR2, Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Bridgestone Potenza RE760, and Michelin Pilot Super Sports. And yes, these tires were all on my Civic. I just switched wheels and tires a lot.

So far, my favorite are the RE760s and the Michelin PSS. The all seasons didn't have enough grip for me.

Now I am using the Hankooks for my daily, and the Michelin for my autocross and track.
Think about it where I live is it does rain, it does get cold ( not extremely, but below freezing in the winter) and once a blue moon snow does happen. That being said I was just going to replace my factory tires when they are on their last leg with some high performance all season so I don't have to switch as much.

Reactions: scottyrocks

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
I can vouch for the Michelin Pilot Sport.Used last winter here in the upper Midwest and they are a great A/S tire.I have 6K on them and are hardly warn.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
213 Posts
I can vouch for the Michelin Pilot Sport.Used last winter here in the upper Midwest and they are a great A/S tire.I have 6K on them and are hardly warn.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Probably will go with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires and be done with it. Thanks very much for the recommendations!

Reactions: GHOSTMONKY

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
And does anyone have an opinion on the best summer tire and all season?

Sent from Puffaroach
This really depends on each person and their situation. There is no king of all Summer, A/S tires. Tires are on a spectrum. Some people are willing to sacrifice comfort/treadlife for more grip/ lower price in a summer tire. That said, the tires ghostmonky has I heard they are great.

From my location in PA where I experience a bit of every season, I personally have had great experiences with Continental DWS A/S. Those were fantastic tires. They had the best light to light-moderate snow and wet traction I have tried. Only downfall could be a spongy feeling soft sidewall. This was on a 205/55/16 tire. A friend has the new Hankook Evo2 and they are pretty good. Good traction without any need to "warm up" the tire. Slightly stiffer sidewall than the previous gen Hankook Evos that people complained about.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I just got my 2014 a couple months ago and just put my winter tires on. I'm just curious about getting summer tires in the future. Sound comfort and handling are the biggest concerns as well as long life.

Sent from Puffaroach

·
Registered
229 Posts
My go to "daily-able" tires:
All Season: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 OR Continental ExtremeContact DW
Summer: Hankook RS3 OR BF Goodrich Rival

81 - 100 of 114 Posts