9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
ah, so good for you and the system was working as it should. what year do you have? because i think my door jamb says mine should be at 32 psi. i have an EX model.

i run them at 35-36 however.

·
Registered
865 Posts
ah, so good for you and the system was working as it should. what year do you have? because i think my door jamb says mine should be at 32 psi. i have an EX model.

i run them at 35-36 however.
I have a 2013. I currently have them set at 32 PSI. I think you'll be fine as long as you're with in +/- 5 PSI of the recommended pressure. Use to set mine at 28 PSI during the summer and never had the light come on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I Need A Vacation
13,394 Posts
Update.

Stopped by the gas station before going to the dealership to double check the tire pressures. Everything was fine except my rear passenger tire was sitting at 15 PSI. I don't know how it got that low. Filled it to 30 PSI and by the time I got to the dealership, the TPMS light went away.

Had them look at the car anyway and they said everything checked out ok.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Might be a good idea to look for a nail or some other possible slow leak.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,387 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just had Yoshihara DY-12C mounted and balanced yesterday on my 2014 SI. The wheels are 18x8 40 off set weighing 20 lbs on the scale . I weighed the stock 2014 SI wheels on my scale and came up 28.2 lbs !! Needless to say I notice my SI a lot more agile . **Yoshihara website shows these wheels weigh 18.1 lbs---not true

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
does anyone know if we should run a different psi than the door jamb label if we're not using all seasons? My stock psi is 32 but if I upgrade to max performance summer tires should I stick to 32 or go more towards 40. Just wondering because the summer tires have a much higher max psi around 50.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I prefer a staggered setup - 34-35 front, 33 rear. On my summer set with non stock wheels I'm leaning higher. The HFP wheels suggest 36/36 so that's a better benchmark for aftermarket wheels. My car is almost never loaded so there's usually very little weight on the rear, no point in raising the pressures too high in the rear, the fronts always have the engine and driver weights pushing down on them. At some point all you're doing is reducing your contact patch especially if you take the rears too high.

I think Honda dumbed down on suggestions for tire pressures when they came out with TPMS because you'd need to reprogram the system each time a tire rotation happened, thus why they went with the simpler matched front/rear numbers.

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
alright, the shop had them pumped to 38 all around and it seemed a bit harsh on the road so now i'm down to 35 front 33 rear. hopefully i will see a difference driving around tomorrow.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,394 Posts
does anyone know if we should run a different psi than the door jamb label if we're not using all seasons? My stock psi is 32 but if I upgrade to max performance summer tires should I stick to 32 or go more towards 40. Just wondering because the summer tires have a much higher max psi around 50.
My summer tires I like to run around 34PSI the crappy Michelin all seasons I tried running higher and they were hard and noisy and grip was poor so I dropped them down to around 32.5-33PSI and they seemed to perform better.

·
Registered
170 Posts
lost 20psi in 3 days, no sign of leak. any suggestions?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2012 Civic LX and I was looking to put 2012 SI rims on my car. Does anyone have an experience with this? Will i need new lug nuts and spacers? From what I've read, its a hit or miss with the spacers. Also anyone know anywhere I could buy some for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a 2012 Civic LX and I was looking to put 2012 SI rims on my car. Does anyone have an experience with this? Will i need new lug nuts and spacers? From what I've read, its a hit or miss with the spacers. Also anyone know anywhere I could buy some for a reasonable price?
I just got a new set of wheels and I'm selling my 13 Si stock wheels. Make me an offer 304 657 5185

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 15 LX coupe, I wanted to see if these 17x8 acura RSX wheels would fit properly, as they are 17s, I'm concerned with tpms, would it need to be recalibrated if I transfer over the sensors? Also, will 215/45 r17s be a great fit? I've looked around and there isn't much info on 14-15 tpms

Attachments

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could I go to a 8 inch wide rim and a larger off set? Without rubbing? I wanna keep the same size, go wider and have my wheels more flush with my fenders.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts