9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Civic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a 2012 Civic Ex with an automatic trans and just south of 120k miles
Never had any issues with it. At all. The most time it's spent in a shop was free dealership oil changes, and state inspections.

Point of this post is just to see what y'all recommend doing as preventative type stuff. I plan on giving it a really good look over this coming Saturday to get my own list together of what I need to order. I never did anything at 30k, 60k, or 90k. So I know there's a solid amount that needs doing.

But I'm just curious what kinds of things you guys did to your own personal vehicles at this point in their lives.

Appreciate the thoughts.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Coolant flush, change the brake fluid, new spark plugs, maybe a fresh serpentine belt....that's about it.
I've done a tranny fluid change, but mine's a manual so I really can't say anything about the slushboxes.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
So I've got a 2012 Civic Ex with an automatic trans and just south of 120k miles
Never had any issues with it. At all. The most time it's spent in a shop was free dealership oil changes, and state inspections.

Point of this post is just to see what y'all recommend doing as preventative type stuff. I plan on giving it a really good look over this coming Saturday to get my own list together of what I need to order. I never did anything at 30k, 60k, or 90k. So I know there's a solid amount that needs doing.

But I'm just curious what kinds of things you guys did to your own personal vehicles at this point in their lives.

Appreciate the thoughts.
Assuming fluids have been replaced per schedule.
I suggest:
  • valve lash check/adjust
  • accessory (serpentine) belt replacement
  • spark plugs if not previously replaced

1 - 3 of 3 Posts