9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gorgeous. But $550!

I opted for switching the reflectors to LEDs on the diffuser. They are pretty sweet. They are two stage - below is with headlights on. Second set of LEDs light up with brakes.

Pretty cheap on Amazon. I got mine for $15 but that particular link is no longer available. Same ones range from $15 to $45 from different sellers. Passed the cables from behind the bumper cover and then underneath the trunk seal, with some electrical tape padding right over the bend.

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gorgeous. But $550!

I opted for switching the reflectors to LEDs on the diffuser. They are pretty sweet. They are two stage - below is with headlights on. Second set of LEDs light up with brakes.

Pretty cheap on Amazon. I got mine for $15 but that particular link is no longer available. Same ones range from $15 to $45 from different sellers. Passed the cables from behind the bumper cover and then underneath the trunk seal, with some electrical tape padding right over the bend.

View attachment 495684
Not everyone wants to build their cars with rare genuine honda jdm parts. Adding some $15 led lights is not the same as replacing the whole diffuser…

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not everyone wants to build their cars with rare genuine honda jdm parts. Adding some $15 led lights is not the same as replacing the whole diffuser…
Of course! Like I said, yours looks gorgeous. I just wanted to share what I've done.

@onlyhuman what about 13 si coupe? mine is the same as a 12.
Hmm.. you may be out of luck for those. I did a quick search on Amazon and nothing came up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd probably op for the $15 reflector replacement lights over a $550 similar looking OEM rear diffuser that has an additional brake light in the center. Both essentially solve the same problem. lights on the bottom go blink.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interested in one. Does it come with the bulb holder, plug, and wiring for the brake light? or is it just the diffuser only? Thanks!
it comes with diffuser, light, light bulb socket, light bulb, light bulb socket adapter with pig tails, you need longer wire to connect to either parking light (like Subaru sti) or brake light

·
Registered
6 Posts
That looks clean, really nice. Just so you know (assuming you didn't) that "3rd" brake light doesn't count as a 3rd brake light. According to a police officer I spoke to, the 3rd brake light must be above the other brake lights (forming a triangle).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts