9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought a 13 si sedan with 60k miles a month ago. It drove good on the test drive. When driving around that night after I bought it, I noticed the clutch made a weird noise when letting out of first.

Long story short, I finally got the dealer to replace the clutch. Everything is fine now, but pay close attention on the test drive. After reading threads on here, apparently there is a relatively common issue in some clutch assemblies that tend to show around 35-60k miles. Good job getting one with a warranty.

On a side note, I went to lower my car 3 weeks after I bought it and the shop said I had a rear left shock that was completely gone and had been leaking for a while.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
He owes more than what it's worth? RED FLAG, stay clear. Side note, from all the not so criticism from all the comments I'm sure now you defiantly want to be apart of our community.
Yeah I definantly love these forums. I'm no stranger to the honda forums as I've had 4 or 5 hondas and lurked the forums to find info on maintenance and what not. And its good to see another NC member on the forums. I'm up in western NC at the moment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Smart move. Certified is the way to go. Just make sure its a Honda CPO. Some dealers offer their own "CPO"...run from those dealers that do that.

Where do you live? If you're in the NYC metro area my best friend is a sales mgr. He can help you out. They have 2 CPO Si's in stock atm
I'm up in western NC right now, so a few hours out of NYC. I'm planning on checking out that '14 Si Sedan in the next week and hopefully its a keeper. I haven't had a civic in a few years and I'm ready to be back in one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently purchased my 2013 SI Sedan, with 25k miles...certified with extended warranty...at the $17,700 mark.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah I definantly love these forums. I'm no stranger to the honda forums as I've had 4 or 5 hondas and lurked the forums to find info on maintenance and what not. And its good to see another NC member on the forums. I'm up in western NC at the moment.
I'm jelly, the mountainous side of NC is where I'd like to drive everyday

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
He owes more than what it's worth? RED FLAG, stay clear. Side note, from all the not so criticism from all the comments I'm sure now you defiantly want to be apart of our community.
Defiance is so unattractive in a community. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought my 2013 Si totally stock and Certified Pre-Owned from a dealer near me for $17,500. If it's not a rush, I would probably give it a little time and check what you can find CPO near you. With 19k miles, I feel like a got a great deal at $17,500 but that dealer also had like 5 different used black Si sedans so I'm sure they were just happy to get rid of one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I bought my 2013 Si totally stock and Certified Pre-Owned from a dealer near me for $17,500. If it's not a rush, I would probably give it a little time and check what you can find CPO near you. With 19k miles, I feel like a got a great deal at $17,500 but that dealer also had like 5 different used black Si sedans so I'm sure they were just happy to get rid of one.

That's a nice deal. Good job

21 - 29 of 29 Posts