9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Noise FIXED. Thank you to all who have figured it out. I own a 2015 civic si and I had ordered the parts exactly and *wallah*. Aside from the normal sounds any set of springs make it is a 95% fixed and I could say that my mind has come to rest. Follow this thread exactly(with the exception of the bolts)(purchase if necessary). THANK YOU

·
Registered
65 Posts
anybody else done this fix? Have the same noise with my eibach springs, bought the KYB hat and bushing for 2011 civic, but when I put them together they where to loose and since the first post says that they fit snug I return them, waiting to but the OEM parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did my 2015 coupe lx about 1500 miles ago. I installed the prokit and used all the part numbers that "staff 6 dan" suggested and I have not heard any noise at all, the 8th gen parts are so much better quality than the 9th gen hats. Don't know what Honda was thinking. I also used white lithium grease anywhere I could to help with friction. I bought mine off ebay and used the KYB parts. The bearings or hats were hard to get on the springs. The car drives so much better now. It has dropped about 1.25 "

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I did my 2015 coupe lx about 1500 miles ago. I installed the prokit and used all the part numbers that "staff 6 dan" suggested and I have not heard any noise at all, the 8th gen parts are so much better quality than the 9th gen hats. Don't know what Honda was thinking. I also used white lithium grease anywhere I could to help with friction. I bought mine off ebay and used the KYB parts. The bearings or hats were hard to get on the springs. The car drives so much better now. It has dropped about 1.25 "

Thank you for your reply, I thought that the tight fit was between the hat and the bearing, not those and the spring, good to know, thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought the whole 8th gen set up. And i traded in the car lol. So if anyone wants the set up for a decent deal lmk. I ordered mine from Bernardi Parts. Have receipt also. I bought complete set of nuts and bolts for knuckles to strut mount and nuts for top hats!!!!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,416 Posts
I bought the whole 8th gen set up. And i traded in the car lol. So if anyone wants the set up for a decent deal lmk. I ordered mine from Bernardi Parts. Have receipt also. I bought complete set of nuts and bolts for knuckles to strut mount and nuts for top hats!!!!
You might want to post this in the For Sale Section with pictures and a price.

Don't forget to include details that are not included in the post in this thread.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You might want to post this in the For Sale Section with pictures and a price.

Don't forget to include details that are not included in the post in this thread.

SOLD! Thank you Scotty for not deleting my post! You can now!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts