9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So I took my 2014 civic so to the track for the first time. Wanting to get some data on it before I go fbo. Goal is low 13's fbo on slicks.

Anyways I went to the track and only got 1 pass I went late and there was a crash so they shut it down. Anyways. It's a bone stock sedan only upgrade is a set of drag 18" 19lbs rims on crapy 225/40/18 Hercules all seasons.

Pass was :
16.0 @89 with a 2.6 60foot.

I'm sure I could of gotten a low 15 if I had a few more passes. I'm not a noob.i have a few built toys.

Anyways I'm planning to go back this week or next week as soon as they open and get a better set of front tires. What size should I run? And brand and model? Just looking for a good daily tire and occasional track. Once I go fbo and tuned I will get some slicks.

Suggestions? And what launch rpm /techniques do you guys use? Lastly there was loads of wheel hop so I'm planning to do the rmm this week too.1

I have Cai, downpipe and catback waiting to be installed and flashpro. All give it a tune and then do im/tb on proper full tune. Can't wait.

Thank you guys

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't seen many 9th gen get low 13s, but ive seen this guy do it.
Other than the vid, most FBO 9th gens tend to get low 14s. Some really good ones get high 13s.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I personally launch at 3k and slip the clutch. Havent been to a quarter mile cause its far away but the 1/8 is near me and fbo tuned my best time is a 9.13 with a 2.15 60ft on some kumho PS31 tires set to 28psi warm tire pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts