9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 14 Si's have a new spoiler. The 12/13 has a little lip on the trunk. My question is can the 14 spoiler go onto the 12/13 trunk? Would the lip spoiler need to be removed?

This in regards to coupes only.

Thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
I can't confirm for sure but odds are you would need to get rid of the lip spoiler in order to fit the 14 spoiler. I can't imagine how the 12-13 lip spoiler AND the 14 spoiler would look stacked together. You would need to replace the 13 trunk garnish that has the lip spoiler attached to a 12-13 non Si trunk garnish or a 14 Si trunk garnish.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,102 Posts
There was a recent thread dealing with this. I don't know what the conclusion was, if any.

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you have the lip installed on ther instead of the win you need to remove it. after removing it you can put the wing on. im not sure if you need to drill any holes most likely, however the 12/13 and the 14 have the same trunk design. my dealership had a 14 with the exact same wing as my 13 so it would be no problem i dont think other than drilling holes maby.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,102 Posts
This sounds reasonable and logical.^

·
Registered
141 Posts
Why not just buy a 14 and have both versions? :p

On a serious note, Nom Nom sounds pretty accurate. I'd assume that you would definitely have to remove the lip and it seems reasonable that a few holes would have to be drilled as well. But I'd think it would be do-able.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,102 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,102 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts