9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

In order for your vehicle to deliver its peak performance, it needs to have a well-maintained engine, among other factors. But how do you keep an engine well-maintained? One thing you need for peak performance is an efficient engine air filter that ensures that only clean and filtered air reaches the engine. After all, the engine can’t combust fuel without air. The filter’s purpose is to remove the debris so that the engine is protected from wear and tear.

There are a plethora of options for engine air filters available on the market, so picking out one can be quite challenging. To make things easier for you, we have created a list of the best 15 engine air filters. We’ve scoured Amazon for the best deals on engine air filters, the bestsellers, and ones with excellent consumer reviews.
See AutoGuide's picks for the Top 15 Best Engine Air Filters here

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Oh? Why and what would you recommend?
It also lost credibility when a HONDA OEM filter wasn't mentioned on a HONDA forum. I guess Honda doesn't know anything about the best air filter for the engines THEY design and manufacture. I also didn't see any objective test data either. I'll just stick with Honda filters. My R18 just got 43 mpg on an 870 mile round trip on very hilly interstates. Easy to surmise nothing is broken and that the Honda air filter is doing fine.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
It also lost credibility when a HONDA OEM filter wasn't mentioned on a HONDA forum. I guess Honda doesn't know anything about the best air filter for the engines THEY design and manufacture. I also didn't see any objective test data either. I'll just stick with Honda filters. My R18 just got 43 mpg on an 870 mile round trip on very hilly interstates. Easy to surmise nothing is broken and that the Honda air filter is doing fine.
Well that may be true. But the other guy was slamming k&n. I've had mine on forever with no issues was wondering why that opinion.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well that may be true. But the other guy was slamming k&n. I've had mine on forever with no issues was wondering why that opinion.
I've had more K&N filters, either in drop-in or intake form, than I can count. Nvr a single MAF or check engine issue. There's always someone who's gonna get a faulty product, but I personally don't understand the blind hatred for them that is out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I've had more K&N filters, either in drop-in or intake form, than I can count. Nvr a single MAF or check engine issue. There's always someone who's gonna get a faulty product, but I personally don't understand the blind hatred for them that is out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Kind of what I was thinking. I've used them for about a decade with no issues.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,383 Posts
I've been using K&Ns in cars and on bikes for decades. Never an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts