9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kept the Si and have touring coupe. Hard to believe this is a Civic.

dashes are different but I like both.
Steering is almost as good as Si. Both well weighted. Feel is meh but need a Cayman for that. Still like the steering overall in both.
body roll (hey it's a Honda) still there like Si but Not a deal breaker.
Torque- Si has none . Coupe has tons. Now a turbo convert.
Ride quality in Coupe is outstanding.
Sound-music - who cares
Sound -engine. Hear is what got me- luv the Si sound at all levels but this turbo has a growl when you lay into it.
tranny-hate CVT then bought the Coupe now love CVT. Putting tranny in sport mode and hammer it-excellent push.
no paddle shifters to "play" shift but would be nice.
Handling- coupe as good as Si.

Cannot wait a it to drive the 10 gen Si after seeing what this 10 gen Coupe can do.
i hope against hope that the Honda crew offers a DSG like auto in Si in addition to the stick.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Good review, I just drove a new one recently as well and have previously owned a 12 and 15 Si. It is astounding how nice the new model is inside and the ride is fantastic, much more firm than I expected and the CVT always keeps you in the power band making it feel very quick. IMO a home run for Honda. Congrats on yours!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good review, I just drove a new one recently as well and have previously owned a 12 and 15 Si. It is astounding how nice the new model is inside and the ride is fantastic, much more firm than I expected and the CVT always keeps you in the power band making it feel very quick. IMO a home run for Honda. Congrats on yours!
How do you like your new WRX? How does it compare to Si? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
How do you like your new WRX? How does it compare to Si? Thanks.
It's a very fun, strong car. I traded my 12 Si for a 15 WRX back when the new gen first came out. Biggest smiles ever driving that thing but it had a lot of new gen issues. Wouldn't start sometimes, knocked BADLY on the stock tune, wouldn't go into 1st or reverse sometimes etc. That's when I jumped back into a 15 Si. I missed the fun badly of the wrx though, got a FP and tune immediately but still couldn't love it. Fast forward a bit and after some recalls and the updated 16 release, I got a 16 premium. Zero issues this time.

Compared to the Si it is tons faster on the bottom / mid rpms, bout the same up top. Corners very flat, crazy fun on dirt / gravel roads. Downsides, it's finicky, needs a lot more maintenance, every part needs a tune, loud on the road, not as nice of interior and certainly won't be as reliable in the long run.

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Pics would be great.My wife's thinking bout the new 10th if I can talk her into it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's great news. Thanks!
Quite welcome...forgot to add...the turbo 6mt will be available on the sedan, coupe, and hatch. It is not limited to just one style.

A lot of people might not like this...but I am also hoping the new Si and Type-R have an option of the DCT. I'd really like to try that combo out. Not only is it generally faster than a manual, but it makes driving in traffic so much easier....plus, I dig paddle shifters now. Is it as fun as and satisfying as a good heel-toe downshift while braking before an apex? Maybe not...but it's close.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Quite welcome...forgot to add...the turbo 6mt will be available on the sedan, coupe, and hatch. It is not limited to just one style.

A lot of people might not like this...but I am also hoping the new Si and Type-R have an option of the DCT. I'd really like to try that combo out. Not only is it generally faster than a manual, but it makes driving in traffic so much easier....plus, I dig paddle shifters now. Is it as fun as and satisfying as a good heel-toe downshift while braking before an apex? Maybe not...but it's close.
Agreed, I'd want to see both those cars with the DCT as well...in reality though they probably won't add it to the type R but it might be a real possibility with the SI...especially since with the type R coming the type R could be the new civic for the MT purists.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sadly I believe I am going to fall into this category. My 13 Si was totaled by an idiot who made a left turn in front of me last month. Good news is the new Si comes out this month so I'm hoping I can get my hands on one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts