9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
FB6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello 9th fam,

So after a solid month on my wheel endeavor, I've created a step by step definitive guide for installing 17x9 +35 wheels on an FB6. In my case I am running 235/45 tires.

Information on fitment was all over the place between multiple sites and forums so I've gathered all the info I thought was appropriate.

1. If you haven’t done so already, get yourself some coil overs. Springs are cool too (but still, don’t waste your money & save yourself the haste later regretting it like I am).
  2. Front and rear camber kits. I have SPC in front / Buddy Club in rear.
  3. Purchase said wheel size (no reps, plz), and desired tires.
  4. Hire a professional to roll your rear fenders.
  5. Trim/ taper the inner bumper plastic that faces the tire with a box cutter (sketch I know). This will save your rear wheels from rubbing.
  6. Trim front fender liners appropriately as the plastic will rub the tires toward the outer edge of the fender (don't cut on the inside near the strut! Should you rub, it's better to hit plastic than bare metal).
  7. Once cut, feel for the metal fender liner tabs that are now exposed.
  8. Bend the fender liner tabs upward. P.s. Make sure you heat it up to about 140 degrees using a heat gun or torch to prevent paint chipping and (use a soft mallet or equivalent) bend the tab upward.
  9. Get an alignment.
  10. Enjoy

·
Registered
FB6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think after seeing this imma just stick with a +45
Well between a +45 and a +35 is 10mm or 0.39 inches difference to the poke. I would imagine still having the same issues regardless for a 17x9. An 8in wheel with a +45 offset would be safest bet with no mods necessary. Anything wider will require the same attention as posted in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts