9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I want some quality coilovers that won't break the bank, and I only want about a 1 inch drop. Any recommendations? I've heard lowering springs aren't worth it in the long run, thoughts?
I'm on d2 lowering springs and truhart struts for the past 60k with no complaints.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ive got 19s on an 8th gen sedan with HFP suspension and its perfect.
As far as springs/coilovers ive got coilovers on some of my cars and ive done lowering springs on some of my cars. If you just want a 1" drop, a quality spring is all you need. If youre on a budget id rather do a quality spring than some cheap garbage coilovers. Look into eibach.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
450 Posts
I'm on H&R springs (those provide the least amount of drop at around an inch) but still on stock dampers. Have TruHarts in the garage just waiting to be installed. Ride quality doesn't seem to have suffered much. The only real issue is that the lower spring bearing has little rubber nipples on it that don't like to stay seated anymore. I'm guessing due to the decrease spring travel, so the little nipple pops out when I corner hard. No issue with it other than the noise it makes.

Even after rotating them (nipples didn't match up to the holes initially) and making sure they were sitting in the holes once the springs were loaded, the moment they were unloaded (hard cornering) they pop right back out. I'm hoping the decreased travel of the Truharts resolves it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone have any idea if a set of Tein coilovers paired with my 19 inch HFP wheels would work? Only plan on lowering and inch... Would I have any clearance issues?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts