9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I bought a 2013 civic si about a month ago. It's sitting at 67k miles and I just had the transmission fluid changed. I bought it private sale and honestly wanted to make sure the fluid was alright. Just today I was in traffic, stop and go and I was at a complete stop and first gear would lockout on me like I was hitting a wall. I quickly put it into 2nd and it went right in. The drive home I had no other problems. I just went out to my car with it turned off and the lockout happened again about one out of the 10 times i put it into first. I want this car to last, I've wanted a 9th gen forever and I dont hear any grinds and I haven't beat on it. If anyone has had a similar problem please lmk.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Did you put the correct fluid type and amount in? Seems it could be related to the fluid change if it wasn't doing it before that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
690 Posts
Gonna have to agree with dpetro. If it was fine before you had changed the fluid, whoever did it did something wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you put the correct fluid type and amount in? Seems it could be related to the fluid change if it wasn't doing it before that.

Just the regular 2 qts of oem honda mtf. Do you think it was possible it was done wrong?

·
Registered
251 Posts
easiest & cheapest thing to do would be check that fluid. take it back to the shop or check it yourself. good luck.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Did fluid run out of the fill hole when adding?
Did you double check to make sure nothing is leaking?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gonna have to agree with dpetro. If it was fine before you had changed the fluid, whoever did it did something wrong.
Did fluid run out of the fill hole when adding?
Did you double check to make sure nothing is leaking?

I'm going to check right now I had the dealership do it because I had a discount thing at the dealership so it only cost 30 bucks. I figured they out of all people would do it right. Especially because of how simple a job it is. I'm going to check for any leaks right now

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
690 Posts
I'm going to check right now I had the dealership do it because I had a discount thing at the dealership so it only cost 30 bucks. I figured they out of all people would do it right. Especially because of how simple a job it is. I'm going to check for any leaks right now
It's really easy to do. I had Honda do it the first time and when I saw a video on how do to it, I wasted hundred something bucks lol. They even double stacked one of the gaskets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts