9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with the oiled. Been a fan of K&N filters in general and like the length of life of cleanable filters and their performance.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I went with Hybrid Racing bushings...they are sitting in the garage waiting for the intake install (just makes too much sense to do them both at the same time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I won't order regardless of coupon until some reviews come out and proven gains. Don't want another hondata false claims issue. Coupon really should be reimplemented once proven numbers come out and people are comfortable. As it stands without coupon this intake isn't even marginally close to others in price.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hybrid racing bushings allow a bit of movement where the shifter cable attaches to the bushing (have a bearing in the center rather than being solid). Never heard of corsport causing issues, just personal preference.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Are they in stock? Hopefully the first person to receive one writes up a decent review. I'm curious to see a few off the wall things like, noise.

·
Registered
980 Posts
6-8 weeks for the intake Bama, so not yet ready.

For those cable shifter bushings, I'm thinking of getting the Hybrid ones as well. Already have the Corsport ones but never got to putting them in... and if you read the 8th gen site, not everyone is happy with the Corsport ones.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
if someone can do a secondary dyno on this intake, that would be great.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 20% off is a good deal. Sucks that I ordered mine before it came out with the code

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would order one, just waiting to getbthencode so I can get mine ordered :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is looking better now that the injen price has been released

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the takeda Sri prototype on my 9th gen right now and I love it. I have also seen other post on here from people using the takeda brand and they are positive reviews. My Sri gives the exhaust a deeper note and its also well designed. I can also feel a little more power difference over stock. I know my little review is about a Sri and not the cai but not much of difference between the two besides hp and tq and the cai is usually a little louder. But overall whoever buys products from AFE will not be disappointed especially with the 20% off. I will also be heading over to AFE on Monday so they can take video/audio of the intake and I'm guessing it will be posted shortly after so keep your eyes open for that :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I won't order regardless of coupon until some reviews come out and proven gains. Don't want another hondata false claims issue. Coupon really should be reimplemented once proven numbers come out and people are comfortable. As it stands without coupon this intake isn't even marginally close to others in price.

i agree i have not even seen any pics of this under the of our si yet, i saw the injen cai and the fit not good

·
Registered
429 Posts

yep. Enough said there

Sent via Cam Hend's tab

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'd be willing to buy one If I saw one under the hood... Hint hint aFe

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the takeda Sri prototype on my 9th gen right now and I love it. I have also seen other post on here from people using the takeda brand and they are positive reviews. My Sri gives the exhaust a deeper note and its also well designed. I can also feel a little more power difference over stock. I know my little review is about a Sri and not the cai but not much of difference between the two besides hp and tq and the cai is usually a little louder. But overall whoever buys products from AFE will not be disappointed especially with the 20% off. I will also be heading over to AFE on Monday so they can take video/audio of the intake and I'm guessing it will be posted shortly after so keep your eyes open for that :wigglesmiley:
how about some pics man

1 - 20 of 30 Posts