9th Gen Civic Forum banner

921 - 940 of 946 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
dyno by Shadman I, on Flickr

212whp/181lb-ft tq
Rv-6 catless downpipe, Q300 exhaust fabricated to a vibrant muffler, P2R throttle body spacer, Vittuned on stock intake.
Do you think a throttle body spacer contributed to your whp figure? It's a cheap mod so I figured I might as well get it too, but only if it makes some gains.

·
Registered
888 Posts
-Factory airbox with TRD Tacoma Velocity stack on lower piping (Ditched the Resonator a long time ago..).
-8th gen crank pulley.
-Skunk 2 downpipe.
-Stock catback with Magnaflow muffler.
-Tuned by Jack @ Jack performance. (K-Tuner)

201.6WHP 175WTQ.

Pig Rich baseline that was cut short at more or less 6700rpm... was getting nowhere... (181.7whp 9.8:1 AFR)
Baseline.jpg
View attachment 474499

Solid last run 201.6Whp. Fuel [email protected]
run 6.jpg
View attachment 474501

What a difference! Night and day!
top end.jpg
View attachment 474503

Can't upload pic for some obscur reason... You don't have permission to access /forum/vbseo.php on this server.

Marko!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Does anyone know the difference between Mustang Dyno numbers, Dynojet numbers and E-dyno numbers. I just had my car dyno’ed on a Mustang dyno and it isn’t pushing good numbers on the dyno for the mods I have. The car feels way faster than before, but Dyno numbers seem low.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Does anyone know the difference between Mustang Dyno numbers, Dynojet numbers and E-dyno numbers. I just had my car dyno’ed on a Mustang dyno and it isn’t pushing good numbers on the dyno for the mods I have. The car feels way faster than before, but Dyno numbers seem low.
What were your numbers?
With your mods I'd assume somewhere around 215-220whp?

From what I know, typically dyno numbers are slightly over-inflated and edynos are more accurate. So if you're getting low numbers on a dyno, I'd say on a edyno it would be even lower.

·
Registered
224 Posts
In reading, the numbers from an unadjusted Mustang dyno (What I was dyno tuned on) are about 8-12 percent less than a Dynojet (Most dyno’s In the US are Dynojet and seems to be the standard in the US) and 16-20 percent less than a Dynapack (Main dyno in Japan). If this is true, it would give numbers that I am thinking I should be pushing. I will have to see how to get an E-dyno and see what the numbers come out to.

I was expecting around 205-215, but topped out at 195.

Anyone have any insight to this?

·
Registered
217 Posts
In reading, the numbers from an unadjusted Mustang dyno (What I was dyno tuned on) are about 8-12 percent less than a Dynojet (Most dyno’s In the US are Dynojet and seems to be the standard in the US) and 16-20 percent less than a Dynapack (Main dyno in Japan). If this is true, it would give numbers that I am thinking I should be pushing. I will have to see how to get an E-dyno and see what the numbers come out to.

I was expecting around 205-215, but topped out at 195.

Anyone have any insight to this?
that's really under what you should be getting. I'm doing an etune through etunez and Steve said I'm expected to hit around 200whp and all I have is a prl short ram, rv6 catted, q300.

·
Registered
217 Posts
2014 Civic Si smoothing 6.jpg

Mods:
PRL 3.5" short ram
rv6 catted
q300
hasport 70a rear motor mount
Tuned by Steve from Etunez

Steve recommended that I use the VirtualDyno software (free open source) to conduct as many dyno pulls as I'd like, and gave me the detailed specs and final ratio for a 2014 Si. All I had to do was enter additional weight, such as myself, and any other luggage I had in the car.

Car Specs entered are:
3rd gear pull
Tire Height: 25.09
Car Weight: 3150lbs (Amount provided by Steve, could be more or less)
Occ Weight: 235lbs (my weight + weight of a 10 inch sub)
Final Drive: 4.456 (provided by Steve)

Shown above is the graph using smoothing 6, smoothing 1 yielded 206whp/167lbft tq, however the graph looked slightly over-inflated, at least to my understanding it did.
Really happy with the results, my IAT were around 86-100 F. I'm sure on a colder day I would yield better results.

·
Registered
702 Posts
View attachment 475293

Mods:
PRL 3.5" short ram
rv6 catted
q300

Steve recommended that I use the VirtualDyno software (free open source) to conduct as many dyno pulls as I'd like, and gave me the detailed specs and final ratio for a 2014 Si. All I had to do was enter additional weight, such as myself, and any other luggage I had in the car.

Car Specs entered are:
3rd gear pull

Shown above is the graph using smoothing 6, smoothing 1 yielded 206whp/167lbft tq, however the graph looked slightly over-inflated, at least to my understanding it did.
Really happy with the results, my IAT were around 86-100 F. I'm sure on a colder day I would yield better results.

Finial Drive on our cars is 4.76
if you are still oem

·
Registered
217 Posts
I noticed that as well, however virtualdyno doesnt have a profile for the 2014 civic si, only the 2010 civic si. So steve did some math to make the final gear ratio match the car he's dynoing. He gave me the details on what to enter in virtualdyno amd I trust that the specs he gave me are accurate.

I do hope to get on a real dyno to see what numbers read on that.

View attachment 475293

Mods:
PRL 3.5" short ram
rv6 catted
q300

Car Specs entered are:
3rd gear pull

Finial Drive on our cars is 4.76
if you are still oem

·
Registered
224 Posts
I noticed that as well, however virtualdyno doesnt have a profile for the 2014 civic si, only the 2010 civic si. So steve did some math to make the final gear ratio match the car he's dynoing. He gave me the details on what to enter in virtualdyno amd I trust that the specs he gave me are accurate.

I do hope to get on a real dyno to see what numbers read on that.
Just did an e-dyno on my car and got 203hp and 179lbft of torque with 4.76 final drive.

Using the numbers above with the 4.456 final drive I got 234hp and 205lbft torque.

I don’t think the numbers add up. I think the final drive needs to stay at 4.76 to be accurate.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just did an e-dyno on my car and got 203hp and 179lbft of torque with 4.76 final drive.

Using the numbers above with the 4.456 final drive I got 234hp and 205lbft torque.

I don’t think the numbers add up. I think the final drive needs to stay at 4.76 to be accurate.
I'm going to do some more pulls when the weather gets better and try with the 4.76 final drive, because with the datalogs I have right now, If I use the 4.76 FD, I'm getting 162-168whp and 149tq, which is basically stock numbers, which I doubt I'm making.

Steve from Etunez also mentioned that the settings that I mentioned in my previous post are the settings that he uses to make the edyno match his own dyno.
I don't care if I'm under or over 200whp, I just want an accurate reading at this point lol.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Does anyone know what number Vit uses for his E-dyno results?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Okay so good news,
I emailed Brad from VirtualDyno to add the 2014-2015 civic Si in and he happily did within an hour! I'm getting a more accurate/realisitc amount of 193-195whp with the new settings, but I'm going to be redoing some datalogging. A

I had to provide Brad the specifications, so I did some researching and found these specifications for 14-15 Si's.
If you have more correct/accurate information, please let me know and I'll email Brad.

CarMake - Honda
CarModel - Civic
CarSubModel- Si
StartYear - 2014
EndYear - 2015
Weight - 3002
TransTypeManual - yes
TransGear3 - 1.429
TransGear4 - 1.073
FinalGearRatio - 4.76
DragCoefficient - 0.28
FrontalArea - 21.9

TireDiameter - 25.09

The settings that area in bold are settings that I'm not 100% certain on. There was a old post on this forum from 2012 saying the drag coefficient was in between 0.26-0.30, so I just did the median. As for frontal area, I believe that amount is for the 2010 Civic.

If someone who's dynotuned or edyno'd by Vit can verify that their results with these settings match the results they got from Vit/physical dyno

Cheers,

·
Registered
224 Posts
Did he say what smoothing to use?

921 - 940 of 946 Posts