9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dynoed the car at Churchs auto tuning with the new flashpro... The RRC manifold did it, very impressed with the numbers.
Baseline with RRC manifold, header 2.5 intake and torco race oil...
201.2 whp 171.9 torque
Tuned
234.2 @ 7251 185.8 torque @ 3928

Very impressed and thought this would help SI people understand te capabilities of the motor

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
Holy cow?! Header, you mean downpipe like we have? Doesn't that have integrated mani like us?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
I have one of those...catted version.

I just need the intake work and a tune.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So much for thumbing my nose at the integrated exhaust mani... :) That motor is pulling HARD at redline. Curious what this would look like with a 3" dp vs the RV6. Either way, AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Wait a min...... the 2009 TSX has a inter grated exhaust manifold like the 12+ si? Does it have a VTEC exhaust cam or no?

Sent from my XT907 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
What is the difference between churches and the dyno jet ? Or the lower reading dyno? Like 8% ?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Around 212-217 whp sound abut right if that is the usual variance.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Same exact motor

So its the same K24z7?!
I made 219.44 whp and 178wtrq on a dyno jet. So if my math is correct that about the same on a church hub dyno.
So whats the benefit of the RRC if our numbers are almost identical? Just wondering because there's always a huge debate on which OEM manifold is better. Thanks

Sent from my XT907 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
908 Posts
Guys church's...

Know how much a good bolt-on 8th gen makes on church's?

240-250 hp...

Hell i know a guy with a cammed k20 and a k20a type-r cylinder head from the FD2 and he made 269 hp on church's.

234 hp on church's dyno is about 210-212 whp.

Your intake needs work. and you'll pick up another 10 whp over what you currently made with a good intake setup.

FYI i'm not knocking your numbers, i just want them put into perspective so people understand what these numbers mean.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts