9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top Gear has amazing automotive reviews. You have to thank Jeremy Clarkson for that :woowoo: Gotta love his random hilarious comments.

This is the 2011 Honda Civic Type R available on the European market, no luck getting this in North America. Hopefully we get our own version of the Type R with the 4 door model.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Personally I don't really like much about the newer Type R. I don't like the way it looks. I much prefer the Si models we get here in the US

The only thing the R has that I like is the interior design and I really like that it has push to start. Other than that I can't really say I'm a huge fan :hiding:

Love top gear though! :)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Hmm. Maybe you'd press your remote to start the engine, and then when you get in the car you'd press the engine start button. Basically replace using a key with pressing the button right

I wanna get a remote start, but I'm not trynna go through the trouble of putting it on a manual car D:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Our Murano has Push to start. I love it.
But you will regret having push to start when the remote batteries die or if your car battery dies

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
the 2011 ctr is probably the worst ctr.

·
Registered
219 Posts
the 2011 ctr is probably the worst ctr.
The main concerne is hope for the 4th gen CTR to be the best.
And hope that its not a scale from early gen as the best To latest gen being the worst.
Right now thats my opinion on the ctrs

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Our Murano has Push to start. I love it.
But you will regret having push to start when the remote batteries die or if your car battery dies
everyone knows how easy it is to steal a civic.....lets face it. But my question is does having a push button start make it easier to hot wire than a key start? i would think so....

·
Registered
219 Posts
everyone knows how easy it is to steal a civic.....lets face it. But my question is does having a push button start make it easier to hot wire than a key start? i would think so....
I Think I Probably be impossible to steal our car. I would be scared to blow up the car lol thats how many wires there is in a push to start system.

But it's not what you would think a push start car to be. you still need a key to start it.

with out that key you wouldn't be able to start the car you have to be 2 ft away from the car to start the car.
only way you could probably steal the car is some left it on to keep car warm with no key inside the car then he could steal the car but if he turns off the car it won't turn back on.

·
Registered
219 Posts
but im sure there is a way to bypass the key, there is always a way to trick the sensors....its jsut a question of who knows how to do it and how easy is it? besides if they really want your car they're going to get it on way or another.
You disconnect the starter wire, Touch the fuel injector wire wait 30 secs then you the starter wire LOL
But if i knew that info, I wouldn't share it. If you knew it you would probably be cruising in a different car everyday huh? jk

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I Think I Probably be impossible to steal our car. I would be scared to blow up the car lol thats how many wires there is in a push to start system.

But it's not what you would think a push start car to be. you still need a key to start it. YouTube - Nissan Murano: Intelligent Key

with out that key you wouldn't be able to start the car you have to be 2 ft away from the car to start the car.
only way you could probably steal the car is some left it on to keep car warm with no key inside the car then he could steal the car but if he turns off the car it won't turn back on.
That is awesome man. My uncle's IS350 had the same feature for unlocking the door. I love that so much. It didn't have a push to start button, but that unlocking feature was so cool to me lol I wonder how much work and money it would take to get this kind of thing done aftermarket.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That is awesome man. My uncle's IS350 had the same feature for unlocking the door. I love that so much. It didn't have a push to start button, but that unlocking feature was so cool to me lol I wonder how much work and money it would take to get this kind of thing done aftermarket.
A LOT LOL
The if you lose the key the key cost $1k just for 1 key

·
Registered
266 Posts
but im sure there is a way to bypass the key, there is always a way to trick the sensors....its jsut a question of who knows how to do it and how easy is it? besides if they really want your car they're going to get it on way or another.
To bypass the key it is possible! The remote connects with the vehicles system with a signal so If you have the knowledge it's a matter of developing the software that will decode the system and act as a key giving you full control of the vehicle. Even if the signal is encrypted, a person smart enough can decrypt it. Scary but true!

I'm not a car thief, but I was reading on new cars being stolen with the use of a laptop. You would be amazed at how fast this can be done.

SO no matter how "secure" they try to make our cars, there will always be a way to hack into it!

·
Registered
266 Posts
i dont doubt you at all, im just wondering which is harder to "hack"....a push button or turn key ignition.
thats a good question.

when referring to brand new cars these days. Without a lot of knowledge of these systems, i will have to push button is harder

Push Button may just require a decryption device/software to imitate the key and the coded chip in the key.

Turn key would be more hands on if your trying to pick the lock, unless you have a master key which is hard to obtain.

But for a thief these days, dealing with locking systems to get a car is just weak. Now they just tow it away.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts