9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current update for North America only - contact your dealer for your updates...

Civic - 2012 - 2013 Yellow USB Map Update v9.C0 -

2013 Yellow USB Map Update v9.C0

Free shipping is available through January 31, 2013Hit the road with the latest navigation information at your fingertips. With the new Honda 2013 USB Map Update, your direction will be guided by a system that promises optimal performance and identifies new highways, subdivisions, businesses and points of interest. With map coverage that includes the 50 United States and Canada, your Honda will be equipped for travel both near and far. Compatible with the following vehicles:Civic 2012CR-V 2012Fit 2012Insight 2012Your navigation system Device ID, Database Version Number and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) are needed in order to purchase a map update. Click here for assistance in locating these numbers..

:eusa_clap: YOUR ALL WELCOME :eusa_clap:
  1. When will the next map update be available?
    Update maps are usually released in the fall of each year. For the latest news on release dates, please consult with your Honda Dealership, or check online at: www.hondanavi.com

[*]How often do I need to purchase an updated navigation-system map disc?
    Purchase of an update map is optional and not required for continued operation of your navigation system. However, update maps offer a wealth of features and new information you may find helpful.

[*]How can I tell which navigation map version I am currently using?
    To find the map version information, press the INFO button and select the "System/Device Information".

[*]Will an update map be compatible with my vehicle?
    The update map varies depending on the system of your vehicle. Please provide the necessary vehicle and system information when you purchase a map update.

[*]If I install an update map, will I lose any of my personal information?
    No, your personal information and your address book will be retained.

[*]Is the update map available at my dealership or purchased elsewhere?
    Dealerships do not stock these items but may order the disc as a courtesy for you. Replacement and update maps may be ordered online at: www.hondanavi.com

·
Registered
976 Posts
Does anybody know if it has a new interface and graphics?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Also, wondering if the update will add additional features such as texting via bluetooth / iMID?
My Windows 8 phone has this feature, it is not a feature the car needs, it is a feature your cell phone needs.
When I receive a text message while my phone is paired with my car, it says you have a text message from 'insert name' would you like me to read it?
answer verbally, yes or ignore. Then it will either read it or not depending on answer.
When it is done reading it also gives me the option to reply verbally, reads message back, and asks if I want to send it, retry, or cancel.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
My Windows 8 phone has this feature, it is not a feature the car needs, it is a feature your cell phone needs.
When I receive a text message while my phone is paired with my car, it says you have a text message from 'insert name' would you like me to read it?
answer verbally, yes or ignore. Then it will either read it or not depending on answer.
When it is done reading it also gives me the option to reply verbally, reads message back, and asks if I want to send it, retry, or cancel.
Window phone is cool sometimes. Btw if you have any app ideas let me know I can develop for windows phone pretty easily.

Sent from my fingertips via magic

·
Registered
550 Posts
Well, I ordered the update. I am running. 9.A0 and the new one is 9.E0.
It looks like hondanavi.com is having a $50 off + free shipping promotion.

I will let you know if the OK button is removed once I install the update.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If you are local to me we can give it a shot.

I have a feeling the code that is supplied with the USB is needed for it to work. I'm guessing the code is created by a number offered when ordering the USB from the Navigation device.

I just got it today, pretty straight forward to install the update. I had to use the USB cable that is hidden behind the glove box for it to work. The warning screen now comes on for 5 seconds and automatically proceeds to the map screen. It used to go to a black screen if the OK button wasn't selected.

I hope this helps anyone thinking of ordering the 2016 Yellow Map update. Great $99 update since I was 5 versions back before doing this.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
anyone have the LAST version of the map update Honda will offer for these systems? it's $149.00 plus shipping (really?). was wondering if it is worth the update or just forego it and use my garmin drivesmart unit (which gets 4 free updates via wifi every year).

2021 Yellow USB Map Update V9.K0 090

1 - 14 of 14 Posts