9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Durham Auto Haus did it and wanted me to buy their kit for 500, ridiculous in cost considering Id also have to get a flash tool to take care of immobilizer codes. So for those who are interested since they wouldn't share how they made it plug n play for manual as if it is some crazy IP deal, I decided to put my brain to work here s what you will need (NOTE I cut the loop to run in automatic mode as I never place car in gear when parked nor does anyone ever go into my vehicle cut the loop at your own risk or leave the loop and use "reservation mode"

Items required:
1.) Firstech DC-3 Remote start module
2.)ADS-THR-HA9 T harness (an HA6 will work but no takeover)
3.) Weblink usb programmer
4.) RF kit (optional but with these kits coming with drone module its a steal)

How to make completely plug n play without cutting/splicing into clutch wires or running 5 wires into a bulky relay:
harness M2 (separate from t harness) will have a BLUE/WHITE•BLACK DOT - GWR (-) OUTPUT wire. Run this wire from the DC3 module to pin 5 of the 28 pin connector on the t-harness. I stripped the insulation back and soldered it on. * to verify/check pin 5 will be an orange wire on the cars harness, its the only orange wire and its on the top row*. A lot of the wires on the t-harness are green and pin 5 your tapping into will be green.

Follow rest of instrucions for programming and when your done you will have a plug n play setup with takeover for your m/t Push to start provided you used the HA9 harness and not HA6

It is noteworthy you could make a Fortin EVO Hon3 Remote start plug n play as well but you wont have takeover, as long as that pin 5 gets a Starter (-) negative output or GWR (ground when running) you are set. if you need to use the GWR output for something else when you tap into it be sure to isolate with diodes to protect your smart pcu and ecu because the orange wire we are essentially activating is the clutch switch wire and goes to the smart pcu (keyless access module) and the ecu.

hope this helps I am horrible at this write up stuff and its my first post as a long time lurker. I made a video demoing this setup which ill upload and will be happy to help you DIY or I might be selling a complete plug n play kit exactly as listed above with 2 way FM remote/dronemobile X1-maxLTE bundle for 425 shipped 1-3 day priority in the US. If theres enough interest I will make these kits they will be preloaded with firmware but you will need to finish the programming of immobilizer codes and reconnect to computer to finish the setup. all in all this is a 30 minute plug n play job. You also get 3x Lock Start with OEM key fob but why bother when you have a dronemobile module. Lastly if there is enough interest in this option for additional fee I will add a remote kill-switch wiring relay. With this kill switch (will require some splicing) if your vehicle is stolen you can shut the car down remotely using the drone Auxiliary channel, I used this in my Evo X show car in case it was ever stolen I could shut the car down,

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,185 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

I'd say that's a pretty good write-up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stand corrected 799.99 is what they want for the plug n play setup Drone, RF, harness, and a CM7 module, I prefer the DC3 myself since it supports takeover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know Durham Auto Haus did it and wanted me to buy their kit for 500, ridiculous in cost considering Id also have to get a flash tool to take care of immobilizer codes. So for those who are interested since they wouldn't share how they made it plug n play for manual as if it is some crazy IP deal, I decided to put my brain to work here s what you will need (NOTE I cut the loop to run in automatic mode as I never place car in gear when parked nor does anyone ever go into my vehicle cut the loop at your own risk or leave the loop and use "reservation mode"

Items required:

How to make completely plug n play without cutting/splicing into clutch wires or running 5 wires into a bulky relay:
harness M2 (separate from t harness) will have a BLUE/WHITE•BLACK DOT - GWR (-) OUTPUT wire. Run this wire from the DC3 module to pin 5 of the 28 pin connector on the t-harness. I stripped the insulation back and soldered it on. * to verify/check pin 5 will be an orange wire on the cars harness, its the only orange wire and its on the top row*. A lot of the wires on the t-harness are green and pin 5 your tapping into will be green.

Follow rest of instrucions for programming and when your done you will have a plug n play setup with takeover for your m/t Push to start provided you used the HA9 harness and not HA6

It is noteworthy you could make a Fortin EVO Hon3 Remote start plug n play as well but you wont have takeover, as long as that pin 5 gets a Starter (-) negative output or GWR (ground when running) you are set. if you need to use the GWR output for something else when you tap into it be sure to isolate with diodes to protect your smart pcu and ecu because the orange wire we are essentially activating is the clutch switch wire and goes to the smart pcu (keyless access module) and the ecu.

hope this helps I am horrible at this write up stuff and its my first post as a long time lurker. I made a video demoing this setup which ill upload and will be happy to help you DIY or I might be selling a complete plug n play kit exactly as listed above with 2 way FM remote/dronemobile X1-maxLTE bundle for 425 shipped 1-3 day priority in the US. If theres enough interest I will make these kits they will be preloaded with firmware but you will need to finish the programming of immobilizer codes and reconnect to computer to finish the setup. all in all this is a 30 minute plug n play job. You also get 3x Lock Start with OEM key fob but why bother when you have a dronemobile module. Lastly if there is enough interest in this option for additional fee I will add a remote kill-switch wiring relay. With this kill switch (will require some splicing) if your vehicle is stolen you can shut the car down remotely using the drone Auxiliary channel, I used this in my Evo X show car in case it was ever stolen I could shut the car down,

Items required:

Hi!
$425?? It sounds super cheap comparing to Durham Auto, I contact them a couple of month ago and I didn’t buy it because of the price, can you please send me more info of the plug and play package, I want to install it in my car without affecting my OEM key. My car is start button.

If you can send me a video or more info my email address is [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts