9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have all the 9th Gen Civic Eibach Pro-Kit springs in stock. The springs will provide a good, mild drop of about 1 inch, and a significant increase in handling as well. Great first modification and can't really go wrong with Eibach quality and engineering.

To purchase: Honda Civic Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

·
Registered
29 Posts
first time using springs/coilovers so i have a few questions. if i buy this for my stock lx coupe with stock wheels will it damage my car in any way? what would happen if i changed rims/wheels, would i still be able to use these springs? finally, if i purchase these, could you list what other items i need in order to lower my car safely (no rubbing or whatever) i.e. swaybars n stuff. thanks so much, hope i end up purchasing these!

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first time using springs/coilovers so i have a few questions. if i buy this for my stock lx coupe with stock wheels will it damage my car in any way? what would happen if i changed rims/wheels, would i still be able to use these springs? finally, if i purchase these, could you list what other items i need in order to lower my car safely (no rubbing or whatever) i.e. swaybars n stuff. thanks so much, hope i end up purchasing these!
No, the springs are a mild drop and will not damage your car in any way. If you change your wheels, that will be fine as well (assuming you choose the proper wheel/tire combo and don't get huge 20 inch rims).

Here are the other items I might recommend when lowering your vehicle:

1. Sway bars / strut bars to further improve handling.
2. Front and Rear camber kits to make sure your camber is correctly set. Often, this is not even necessary for mild drops like 1 inch. Before purchasing the camber kits, you could first get an alignment check to see if your camber even needs adjusting. The benefit of not adjusting your camber is that your cornering ability will slightly increase. The downside is that your tires will wear a little faster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So it looks like the springs will carry over and work on the 2014 Si models, but the coilovers will not.

CORRECTION: The springs will actually NOT carry over. There is a slight difference and, even though the current springs could easily be made to work, most manufacturers will probably design a new set just for the 2014+ Si's.
How easily? do you happen to know what is required to make them work on a 2014 sedan Si?

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
How easily? do you happen to know what is required to make them work on a 2014 sedan Si?
Yes, you need to get a different rear upper spring mount for one of the rear springs. It is fairly easy to do.

EDIT: THE ABOVE IS WRONG. THE SPRINGS WILL CARRY OVER WITHOUT MODIFICATION.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, you need to get a different rear upper spring mount for one of the rear springs. It is fairly easy to do.
okay, any idea how to get a new upper spring mount? or buy one? just ask a mechanic? cause i plan on buying these springs through procivic tomorrow. I just want to make sure I don't mess up my car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts