9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 honda civic si. Got into the car turned key it started then died now the lights are flashing like crazy after trying to start the car.Head lights tail lights and dash lights. The car will start but then die. Will not stay running longer then 30 secs. I have changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, new fuse boxes under the hood (which had all the wires new on it) and the one in the car, and new battery. I am getting gas to the engine and only to the injectors when key is 1st turned. Its just giving enough gas to start the car but not keep it running. Also I checked fuses found that the horn fuse was blown I replaced it and now it wont stop blowing. Any ideals on whats going on????

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Civic flashing lights and not running

I am Jamal got a honda civic si 2012 3 mths ago and already having problems :( Lights are flashing like crazy head lights tail lights and dash lights. Car will start but wont stay running. Changed battery, fuel pump, fuel flitter both fuses boxes under the hood (which had wireing harness with it that i changed). Gas only comes to the injectors long enough to start the car then dead no gas no nothing. Im at a loss here any one have an ideal??????

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Sounds like your ECU is having a brain fart. I would normally suggest taking the battery terminal off for a few minutes to see if it would reset but you said you replaced your battery and that should have done the trick. Have you tried to read any codes stored in your car yet?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the reply. I have no codes and I changed the ECU twice sorry I just forgot to add that in. I order a fuel relay but wont be here until monday. I am at a loss. I took it to a shop after i replaced everything listed they had it 2 days and towed it to my home for free. saying they cant find the problem my best bet was to sale the car as is or just junk the car.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Could be a problem with the immobilizer if you changed your ECU? Theft deterrant feature is built in. Has a certified Honda technician looked at your car or was it just a mechanic somewhere else that has looked at it for you.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,483 Posts
Yeah, this is a dealer issue. Give it them and let them sort it out. If they can't, you've got a good chance at a lemon law replacement. You shouldn't be paying anything to fix this car.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Man that sucks, I hope you get it worked out.. yeah let the dealer work on it, sounds like the ECU being changed could be an issue, but I figure the immobilizer does not allow the vehicle to even turn over(or at the very least start at all)? since its all electronically controlled, alteast once it is engaged, but I could be wrong.

What if you have a Broken Rocker like some of the guys here have and one of the pistons is losing compression.. I am uncertain of the symptoms that accompany that issue.... Might as well let the dealer sort it out, did you do any mods to the engine? you never answered that one man.

and welcome to the 9th! keep us updated on this for sure!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Quick question... I see that you have bought a bunch of parts.. when you should be covered by warranty... you shouldnt be paying anything... its a new car... just saying

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,483 Posts
Halt all further self-diagnoses and attempted remedies and TAKE IT TO HONDA.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
odd, unless you are out of warranty all of these things should have been taken to the Honda Dealership, unless you were replacing them with aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry it took a while to post. Its not under warranty at all I bought the car from someone. I haven't done any mod to the car at all and i highly doubt the woman i got it from did. But i think i might have found a problem hopefully the problem. I spent 6 hours today retracing all the jobs I did and noticed I have 2 empty spots in the fuse box inside the car. I am posting a pic on here maybe someone could tell me what goes in this spot. I know its not fuses lol but can not find any wires hanging. Scan0002.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also I bought all new parts from the dealer. I just cant afford the labor. Im hoping these 2 spots will slove my problem. I just can not find these wires hanging any where.

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Sorry it took a while to post. Its not under warranty at all I bought the car from someone. I haven't done any mod to the car at all and i highly doubt the woman i got it from did. But i think i might have found a problem hopefully the problem. I spent 6 hours today retracing all the jobs I did and noticed I have 2 empty spots in the fuse box inside the car. I am posting a pic on here maybe someone could tell me what goes in this spot. I know its not fuses lol but can not find any wires hanging. View attachment 18958
jimmy how many miles on the car?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I can't tell from the picture as it is really out of focus. Are there numbers by these spots? if so, what are they? The interior fuse panel layout is on page 319 of the '12 owner's manual. Also, did you check the fuses in the engine compartment panel?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And the shop I took it to was a Honda dealer. There's 2 more dealers I can take it to. Which will be my next step if it doesnt work after I find these to wires.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts