9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the 2012 Honda Civic will have a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, anyone know about this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am not sure but if it is that would be the same bolt pattern as we have right now I am still wondering about the motor not much is really know right now about it I hope Honda will release specs soon...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hope it stays the same, we have a pretty good choice in wheels with that pattern. I also don't see a reason they would change it because I know for a fact that the 4x100 pattern was around for at least four generations, if not all seven prior.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I really hope it stays the same. A couple of years ago I moved to Germany for a job. while I was out here, I bought a set of Mugen GP's, and they'er sitting pretty in boxes at a friends house until I get back. I'll be returning right before the new civics go on sale and I plan on getting one and putting the Mugens on the car.

If Honda changes the bolt pattern, I guess I'll sell them, but that would be a pitty...

come to think of it, I need to get a photochop done with Mugen GP's on the new civic... might not even look good.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
well being a new gen car it could go either way, but with the limited info we have its hard to say. So far the upgrades to this new model seem mostly cosmetic so i dont see why they whould change the bolt pattern....but then again nothing has made sense so far with this car so who knows! Hope for your sake Zeph they dont change it so you can keep our wheels

·
Registered
22 Posts
I heard the 2012 Honda Civic will have a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, anyone know about this?
9th generation of civics will retain the same bolt patterns for all trim levels. And based on the wheelbase and width of the new civics, I am certain the stock wheel offset will also remain the same. So go ahead and pick out your favorite wheels without worries about fitting.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I wonder what size rim would be the best choice, 17 or 18?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I wonder what size rim would be the best choice, 17 or 18?
For what comes with the car:

The 17s stock look gooddd

But those 18 HFP look goooodddd although I haven't seen em in person.

Not sure about the weights though, weight-wise it'd prob be better stock, at least if it follows the trend of the comparison of HFP/base Si rims

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
lol...I had this delima on my Ep3...16's were lighter but 17's look better...So I choose 16's. I guess I'll stay with 17's on my future 9th gen civic si.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Don't waste your money on another set of wheels with the same specs as what came with the car.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Si wheels are hot! Our civics only weigh 2900 lbs so 17's are perfect. 18's go great on a TSX. I'm thinking of maybe plasti-dipping them black in the spring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts