9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatsup 9thgen folks!
You might already know what I do, concerning these civics of course. If you don't, go ahead and check out
these two posts
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/lighting-h-i-d-s-neon/95066-retrofit-builds-personally-done-me.html

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/california/18361-coilover-lowering-spring-installation.html

In the retrofit build, you might have noticed that I did not put up my own car, or my own build...well you're correct. The reason for that is because I have never found the time to complete my headlights, I did retrofit them before I"ve worked on any of those cars, but it always came off as incomplete or something went wrong..ex. halo broke, projectors not placed correctly, led tube slanted, etc etc.

Well very recently, after finding some leisure time, I managed to touch on upon my own headlights and finish them and this post is all about that! I hope you enjoy.

Everything took about an accumulated 30-36 Hours. All these pictures are already posted in a real life feed in the Bay Area Civic Group; if you're unfamiliar with that facebook page, go ahead and check it out as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/BayAreaCivics/ and feel free to join if you live in the bay area in California and own a Civic.

Here's the beginning, the unfinished piece of work (notice how the led strip sags and etcetc lol)

Decided to go with a black housing + colorshifting paint for my projector's covers, so begins the paint job phase.

Sanded the surface of everything that needed painting with 400 Grit sand paper, that was enough to allow the paint to stick to the surface of everything that was being painted. Bye Bye Chrome, hello Satin Black.

Prep Work and being patient are the two essential steps in getting the best possible paint job results. The housing got a nice new satin black while the shrouds and projector housing got a nice colorshift paint with 4 coats of clear coat over it.

I hated rearranging the led strip, but it had to be done.

Test fitting the projectors in the freshly painted housing.
If anyone's curious to know which projectors I used:
The left Projector was a generic clone of the Morimoto Mini H1 6.0+ from amazon that I bought for $45.
The right projector is the Moirmoto Mini H1 6.0+ that I bought for $120.

Hello there !!

hm....

Just testing how everything fits and it seems to be very snug.

This the output for the Moirmoto Mini H1 6.0+ After some moving some things here and there.

The $45 generic projectors, not bad! not bad..

I already wired up everything from before, so that will not be included in here. You really need to know how electricity works if you're trying to do this yourself... simply splicing into the existing wires will not work. Creating a whole new circuit dedicated to delivering power to the light accessories is the best way to go with this. Because the led strip blinks with the signals, those were spliced into the parking lights and because they are LED, amp draw is very minimum ~~ YAY to not having blown fuses or having to upgrade any fuses n___n.

You must be wondering why the two rings are different, I'll demonstrate this later in a video that I will also post up later.

RESEALING TIME!

lol... the back is definitely not pretty.

This is it for now!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Went from :

to this:

If you guys enjoyed this post, go ahead and post a quick reply! This post will be updated later on in the future when i gather up some better pictures. I literally just took that last picture 2 hours ago before writing this up.

If you guys noticed the missing fender.... that's for another project that's coming up ;) stay TUNED.

More Pictures:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Awesome thread man! Gonna keep this handy when I decide to pull the trigger and retro some ebay led projectors

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
188 Posts
Typically the cut off should be about a inch or so lower at 25ft than what the headlights are from the ground. Put it really all depends on your car and what you like, there really isn't any perfect level for all cars.

Reactions: sayswai

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^somewhat right. Projector beam should stay below the side view mirror of the car in front of you a car distance apart, but that'll vary widely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts