9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just bought a 2012 Civic Coupe Ex and i want to put HID's on but I'm stuck on which ones to buy. Volt for 107 or Extreme for 187?? The difference is the Extreme comes with the relay harness to power them off the battery. Volt does not so now I wan't to know from experience if anybody out there has picked one over the other. Just want to make sure I make the right decision on my 120 km brand new car.

Thanks in advance.

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
Volt hid kit FTW i gotten the volt 6000k looks really nice no blare at all

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha. yea i guess. I do trust your input but then some people told me to go extreme so im not pulling more power than stock bulbs and have it run of the battery.

·
2,264 Posts
yess same install. but if YOU have the money its ur choice on extreme or the volt kit.
do some online research cos thats wat i did when i order my volt kit from xenondepot :thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since the both of you are telling me Volt. I'll go with Volt lol. NEw car 100 kms on it and i just dont want to cheap out if its not the right way to go but by the sounds of it Volt is a great way to go. Noww. when i buy them on xenon depot it gives 2 options are the fitment and color temp. I need 9006 and 6000k. What is the watts compared to the stock bulbs.

·
2,264 Posts
if i was u just got with 35w no need for 55w..
and you going with 6000k?
and 9006 is correct for bulbe size

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard its illegal in Bc to put hids on the car. To much glare and blinding in coming traffic. Is there any other way of getting nice headlights without it being illegal. This is a lease car so I don't want to do anything illegal.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
2,264 Posts
Volt HID Digital+ HID Kits
just go with that to be honest i haven't got complaints and there's hid are design not to have blare just tread the info on the page its like design for a good right beam pattern the spreading all over for blare
i gotten the 6000k and i love it! no blare compare to my old ej8 or my gf old accord the hids blare and dont beam out far so i cant see in the roads! lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
Got myself the Volt HIDs and working great. 6000k looks like a pure crisp light a little on the cooler side. I'm however not too sure what I should be doing with the rubber grommet on the wires. Should it be flush with the bulb or something? Anyone have a photo of how it should be used?

·
2,264 Posts
i just left mines hanging lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
here's what i know from HID's, cuz i wnna put some in too...

go ac ballast and not dc
also have direct power either to battery or relay so that you do not burn wiring.

this is what i have learned in doing my research to install, and this will be the way i go pretty soon. best of luck

i'm looking to go 3000k........going with yellow lights.. :O

i hear gold is also good but i don't know the kelvin on the gold? anyone know?

·
Registered
108 Posts
here's what i know from HID's, cuz i wnna put some in too...

go ac ballast and not dc
also have direct power either to battery or relay so that you do not burn wiring.

this is what i have learned in doing my research to install, and this will be the way i go pretty soon. best of luck

i'm looking to go 3000k........going with yellow lights.. :O

i hear gold is also good but i don't know the kelvin on the gold? anyone know?
A relay isn't necessary with a 35W HID.

·
2,264 Posts
A relay isn't necessary with a 35W HID.
nope unless you get a 55w yess a relay is required.. but seems to me the extreme his are 55w and volt is 35w..
like i said do more research online of the xenondepot hids. to be honest my volt dont give blare at all and nothing wrong with it best hids i ever bought

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually looked at my owners manual and the stock low beams in the book say they are 51w (HB4). Its says when replacing to use following bulbs?? I'm confused. I thought they were 9006.

·
2,264 Posts
9006 is the bulb size..
and most of us here on 9th gen gots the example: 9006(size) 6000k Volt Hid Kit 35w
idk how more i or any other way i can explain lol
just go with the volt kit and 35w so you wont burn your wire there no point gettin a 55w because say you got 8000k in 55w its gonna looks like 6000k

1 - 20 of 30 Posts