9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2012 civic hybrid new and have not had any problems until a few weeks ago where I accidentally left the ignition switch on and drained the battery. I have about 67000 miles on it now. After the battery died, I got a jump from a friend and everything seemed normal. Until I noticed the radio steering wheel controls stopped working and the radio lights were not on. Some article I read suggested resetting the battery to fix this problem so I did. It fixed the radio control problem but the IMA light came on. I've been driving it with the light on now for about 1000 miles and everything seems to be working normally and I'm still getting about 50mpg. The IMA battery seems to charge and discharge as it always has. I tried resetting the battery again and the light stays on. I can't find articles about the 2012 lithium ion batteries. I guess there aren't too many people having problems yet. I connected my OBDII scanner and there are no codes recorded. I'm not sure if I need a special hybrid scanner. I called the dealer and they suggested a few things which I already tried. They say I'll have to bring it in so they can take a closer look which I hope to have time for next week. They told me the battery is NOT under warranty. I was surprised because I thought the batteries had a 10 year warranty after the 2009 NiMH battery fiasco. I'm looking for anyone with similar experience. -Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Man I'm right there with ya. I just replaced the engine in my 2012. Replaced the ac compressor, abs control module and other stuff. Still having issues. And now the ima and charging light keep returning with no idea of how to fix it. I'm gonna have to run back to the dealer. Wish they weren't so stupid expensive. Let me know if you have come up with any solutions or insight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts