9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2012 Civic LX Coupe, and i want to put a new amp & sub in it, BUT i want to keep the factory HU. Couple questions, is there anyway i would be able to adjust the bass using the HU or would i have to do this manually on the amp? Would this installation mess anything up with the digital display? If anyone has done any installation on these new civic's, i would appreciate your input, and any advice or tips!

Thanks!

·
Registered
681 Posts
i got my amp and sub hooked up and everything works perfectly fine. I can adjust my bass from the HU and it doesn't mess up the digital display at all!

·
Registered
681 Posts
i had them tap into the rear speakers for my sub so i could control it from the HU

·
Registered
92 Posts
^ doing it that way works easily and cheap its like a $10 connector that plugs into factory speaker and has 2 RCA come out I think this is the only way to do it with a stock headunit without RCA out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i got my amp and sub hooked up and everything works perfectly fine. I can adjust my bass from the HU and it doesn't mess up the digital display at all!
hi RR,I need ur help on installing my amp.w/out changing the HU.Whats is d easiest way ur way to do this?I am not sure where to start.What connector should i buy for the speaker so i could control the bass in the HU.?Your help is much appreciated.Thanx

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just bought a 2012 Civic LX Coupe, and i want to put a new amp & sub in it, BUT i want to keep the factory HU. Couple questions, is there anyway i would be able to adjust the bass using the HU or would i have to do this manually on the amp? Would this installation mess anything up with the digital display? If anyone has done any installation on these new civic's, i would appreciate your input, and any advice or tips!

Thanks!
Question, does the LX come with a factory sub? If it does, tap into the factory sub with your line out converter and the subwoofer control on the factory unit will control it as well. Either that or like someone else said, a bass knob is the way to go. The display won't be effected at all either. Are you doing the install yourself?

·
Registered
24 Posts
This install is very simple. You'll want a LOC to tap into the rear speakers. Once that's done you can run your power wire thru the side fender on the left side. Now to get your remote signal you'll have to take the dash off and tap into the purple wire on the back of the stereo. You can adjust your bass thru the hu but you lose the bass in speakers if you turn it completely down. If your amp has a remote adjuster then use that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This install is very simple. You'll want a LOC to tap into the rear speakers. Once that's done you can run your power wire thru the side fender on the left side. Now to get your remote signal you'll have to take the dash off and tap into the purple wire on the back of the stereo. You can adjust your bass thru the hu but you lose the bass in speakers if you turn it completely down. If your amp has a remote adjuster then use that.
Thanks for your info, Twalker. Useful for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I added the LOC to my EX Sedan and it was the best money I'd ever spent. Integrated perfectly with the stock HU and sounded 100 times better than the factory set up.. Basically just spliced into the two rear speakers, ran the power & ground cables, plugged in the speaker & amp into the LOC... Done! I didn't need to vibrate the cars next to me with bass, but I will say that with the Kicker 250 amp, and my bazooka tube outfitted with a Kicker sub - it hit really hard and I didn't give up my entire trunk space either. DSC_0173.jpg DSC_0182.jpg DSC_0169.jpg DSC_0170.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I added the LOC to my EX Sedan and it was the best money I'd ever spent. Integrated perfectly with the stock HU and sounded 100 times better than the factory set up.. Basically just spliced into the two rear speakers, ran the power & ground cables, plugged in the speaker & amp into the LOC... Done! I didn't need to vibrate the cars next to me with bass, but I will say that with the Kicker 250 amp, and my bazooka tube outfitted with a Kicker sub - it hit really hard and I didn't give up my entire trunk space either. View attachment 7810 View attachment 7811 View attachment 7812 View attachment 7813

Hey stough77, i was just wondering, with the LOC, do you have to tap into both rear speakers or just 1? if you have to tap into both, how did you manage to do this because, the wires of my LOC are kinda short and cant reach both speakers...I need help. Thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
That's some ugly ass wiring
I added the LOC to my EX Sedan and it was the best money I'd ever spent. Integrated perfectly with the stock HU and sounded 100 times better than the factory set up.. Basically just spliced into the two rear speakers, ran the power & ground cables, plugged in the speaker & amp into the LOC... Done! I didn't need to vibrate the cars next to me with bass, but I will say that with the Kicker 250 amp, and my bazooka tube outfitted with a Kicker sub - it hit really hard and I didn't give up my entire trunk space either. View attachment 7810 View attachment 7811 View attachment 7812 View attachment 7813

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
LOL Needs a tuck ha

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
995 Posts
When I had my LOC, I used the adjustment from the amp. I could not really get much adjustment of bass from the stock HU. SI model.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts