9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2012 Civic LX with iMID. I just got a"Service B1" message, cannot reset. Then, I found my Steering WheelControls do not work, none of the button seems to do anything.Display/Information button and Menu button are working fine. When I get intothe menu, I cannot navigate the menu up or down. Cannot change audio volumeusing these buttons either. Suggestion anyone? Anyone has the wiring diagram?So far, I have done a battery reset, did not help. Thanks.
Regards,
wushu2266

·
Registered
458 Posts
i don't think the maintenance B1 is related to your button issue.
take it to electric garage to chick it ... might be fuse or something

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not think the Service B1 related to my button problem. I had the Service A1 message back in early 2015, I was able to reset then. Now, I got the Service B1 message then I found out these buttons do not work. I have also replaced fuse 29 even the original fuse was checked okay. If anyone has the electrical diagram that would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It is a complex system that involves showing the line used various resistance values for different functions. Since some buttons are working says a lot is o.k. (clockspring, and also other buttons are not stuck, etc...)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SteeringWheelControls.png all buttons within the round pad do not work, missing 12V, broken wire which is common for all 5 switches within the pad.

·
Registered
494 Posts
On the 8th gens it is two lines in through cable reel/clockspring and the various value resistors are built into the audio control buttons.

If you can find any connector on the audio controls (???) I would remove and reseat it.

My PDF creator will not work with that file.... and best of luck locating any 9th gen information available.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There was a tsb for the audio switch firmware update on the 2012. Might be worthwhile to check with Honda to see if your LX is covered.

Connector at the audio switch:

Pin 1 (gry) 12v
Pin 2 (yel) audio remote sw
Pin 3 (pnk) tft info
Pin 5 (brn) remote switch ground
Pin 6 (gry) +B back up 12v

·
Registered
1 Posts
Resurrecting this thread. I just bought a 2012 Civic Lx and the entire left switch on the steer wheel is dead...well kinda. Occasionally after pushing multiple buttons it switches to the rear camera view (which it doesn’t have) so then I have to turn off the ignition to reset it. So this all started with me trying to set the clock thats flashing the incorrect time. The dash switch doesn’t work either to set the clock...it flashes the screen for a microsecond and then return to the original display. So I have absolutely no access to any of the IMID functions. I’ve tried pulling the fuse and disconnecting the battery for extended periods. Any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts