9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an oem radio off ebay for my 2012 dx and installed the unit. It works fine but cant tell what station it's on.
Do i need to take it to the dealer and have them flash the computer since my car didn't come with a radio?

·
Registered
19 Posts
In canada the DX comes with a radio, but no imid, so the radio has a lcd on it. If you got one with out that its probably from the LX or EX.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You need to buy the radio off a model that doesn't have i-MID. They have a small display screen above the preset radio buttons instead like the8th gen did.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I know there's a picture in my owner's manual of the two different head units. I can't seem to find an actual picture online.

The standard interior of the DX looks like a model with navigation. Only, in place of a navigation unit, there is a big black rectangular piece of plastic where the navigation head-unit goes.

Pretty barebones.

·
Registered
18 Posts
let me get this straight, you have a 2012 civic DX with non navi and you replaced the stock raidio with a stock oem raido? like the ones in the SI? Curious, does the navigation hook up no problem? or did you have to get extra wires? Reason why I'm asking is because I want to do this with my LX, I got a stock navi unit out of a SI and want to do a swap, wondering if that's possible?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts