9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, lately I've been noticing when I step on the gas in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or even 6th gear, then car takes a second or two to react. It's very weird actually. When I step on the gas there's a delay and then it grabs power, then it's as though there's a little more of a delay, and it suddenly grabs more power, all happening when I have it floored or close to it (not moving my foot at all). I don't do this often, but I tried it the other day and it seems to be acting up.

Is this normal? It can't be... Does anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Mine kinda does the same thing. it's annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, but not as noticeable (doesn't happen as often). At higher RPM's, I only notice it if I floor it. At lower RPM's, I could just be switching gears around 3k RPM - giving it a little gas to get moving - and notice it. It's not horrible, but definitely noticeable and quite annoying as the person above said.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
Yes, but not as noticeable (doesn't happen as often). At higher RPM's, I only notice it if I floor it. At lower RPM's, I could just be switching gears around 3k RPM - giving it a little gas to get moving - and notice it. It's not horrible, but definitely noticeable and quite annoying as the person above said.
On stock tune the throttle is just lazy in general I swear. It doesn't feel very responsive and then when it does actually get the engine going it hangs there. Lazy throttle doing lazy things. Damnit throttle get a job.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I suppose that's true, they'll probably say it's normal. I could have a private shop look at it, or several shops, but they'll probably try to scam me into something.

Well, if it gets any worse, I'll just sell the damn thing and get an STI or something. Although, I want to see how it handles in the winter before making that decision.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
I suppose that's true, they'll probably say it's normal. I could have a private shop look at it, or several shops, but they'll probably try to scam me into something.

Well, if it gets any worse, I'll just sell the damn thing and get an STI or something. Although, I want to see how it handles in the winter before making that decision.
Are you planning any mods ever? If so you're going to end up getting flashpro and making it drive like a different car anyway.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe. That's something I was thinking could solve this problem - aftermarket work. I want to see how this winter goes before modding, it'll be easier to sell it without crazy mods if I decide to.

Spring 2013 is when I'll know about modding.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Drive-by-wire is known for doing this there was a fix for it with the 8th gen our may not be as bad as the 8th but its still there its the lag in the signal when you hit the gas

Sent from my SGH-I727R using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
I have felt some hesitation, I feel it is the DBW that causes the issue mostly

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
the reflash should improve it i would think

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2012 honda civic ex coupe with the same problem. probably even worse do to having less HP haha. It seemed to get worse when i put an HPS Short ram intake on my car. sounds awesome, and REALLY helped out in the top end, but that brief hesitation is just killing me. Im looking into getting a bigger cone (the k&n that came with the kit seems kinda small IMO) and im going to get the PedalBox. it has 3 different modes, each one with 6 adjustable presets. econ, sport, and sport+ all it does is take that FBW throttle body out of the equation. simple to install as well. all you do it put it between your gas pedal and your wiring harness. it just clips in-line with it. check it out.

accelerator tuning engine performance

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You gotta be careful modifying anything that has to do with the accelerator or even brakes for that matter, you dont want unintended acceleration

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you stock? The stock throttle response is to be desired (tuned for economy) and after a few weeks of driving, you get used to how lazy it is. I bought FlashPro & a VitTune on my stock car and the throttle response improvement was AMAZING.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Are you stock? The stock throttle response is to be desired (tuned for economy) and after a few weeks of driving, you get used to how lazy it is. I bought FlashPro & a VitTune on my stock car and the throttle response improvement was AMAZING.
Amen to that! I was a little annoyed about the throttle response and shifting after purchasing my car (I didn't notice it really during the test drive). After installing my intake and throttle body spacer, I decided to go with VitTune after purchasing my FlashPro. The difference was night and day. There's literally no delay now, and it feels like a whole new car. I've been rolling with the same tune for a little over a year now and love every second of it.

Reactions: Vang530

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I appreciate the feedback, fellas... This thread is kind of old. :D I was a complete newbie back then and didn't really know much about FlashPro, or Si's for that matter. I pretty much understand why it was "laggy/sluggish" now. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts