9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm just curious. How much would it cost to have my Civic SI coupe repainted white. Wish I would of gotten a white one and not black haha.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
947 Posts
waaayyyy more than you should pay for it! I'd estimate anywhere from $1200-$3000 depending on where you go. In my eyes, not worth it. You are probably better off trading your car in for a new one lol

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
waaayyyy more than you should pay for it! I'd estimate anywhere from $1200-$3000 depending on where you go. In my eyes, not worth it. You are probably better off trading your car in for a new one lol
What he said, except I'd start at $3000 and go up from there. Trade her in and take the loss to get the white.

·
Registered
58 Posts
if you're planning to keep it forever then just like someone mentioned above, maybe a cool non-OEM color....but either way, the depreciation is gonna be huge if you try to sell it in the future after it's been painted...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Black and white are basically opposite colors! How could you make that kind of mistake? Id say maybe add some white vinyl and call it a day

·
Registered
19 Posts
How durable and long lasting is the plastidip?

I looked around for a while for white or that blue-grey color, but finally just got whatever I could find. It's silver but I'm cool with it cuz of all the black trim on the si's. I'm not a chrome fan. Anyway.. I've always wanted to go matte (or satin) black but I'm discovering that a quality paint job like that is outta my price range for a while.

Sent from my iPod touch using Autoguide

·
Registered
114 Posts
I paint 2500 to repaint my rsx silver.
He told me 2000 and up more if I wanted to change colour as you need to do in the doors and engine etc.

·
Registered
187 Posts
How durable and long lasting is the plastidip?

I looked around for a while for white or that blue-grey color, but finally just got whatever I could find. It's silver but I'm cool with it cuz of all the black trim on the si's. I'm not a chrome fan. Anyway.. I've always wanted to go matte (or satin) black but I'm discovering that a quality paint job like that is outta my price range for a while.

You planning on plasti dipping the entire car you mean? It has been done. I personally think its only good for small things like emblems. My emblems are holding up just fine through heavy rain and heat

·
Registered
19 Posts
If its as easy as it seems, I'm thinking about doing the entire car at some point yeah. But for now just the emblems.
I would like a permanent matte job but I read online it can be quite expensive if it's done right. Like 8 grand.. I don't know if anybody has seen the new BMW 6 series sedan commercial, but it's pretty rad, I want that paint job

·
Registered
187 Posts
that's what else I was wondering, how it would do under southern az heat

Well I live in FL, and the humidity can be torturous! You shouldnt have any problem. Just make sure to do several coats. I do 5 coats. I just did my rear Honda emblem today, and it looks AWESOME! I dont think pics do it enough justice

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I live in FL, and the humidity can be torturous! You shouldnt have any problem. Just make sure to do several coats. I do 5 coats. I just did my rear Honda emblem today, and it looks AWESOME! I dont think pics do it enough justice
Sounds good man, thx

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
If its as easy as it seems, I'm thinking about doing the entire car at some point yeah. But for now just the emblems.
I would like a permanent matte job but I read online it can be quite expensive if it's done right. Like 8 grand.. I don't know if anybody has seen the new BMW 6 series sedan commercial, but it's pretty rad, I want that paint job

the new BMW Frost paint series?? I saw a video on youtube where a BMW painter goes indepth about it. Its a pain to keep clean and scratchfree. if you get a scratch and want it removed, you cant buff it and paint it, you have to get it done by BMW. also, you can't wax and use certain cleaners... looks nice, hard to keep :\

·
Registered
19 Posts
the new BMW Frost paint series?? I saw a video on youtube where a BMW painter goes indepth about it. Its a pain to keep clean and scratchfree. if you get a scratch and want it removed, you cant buff it and paint it, you have to get it done by BMW. also, you can't wax and use certain cleaners... looks nice, hard to keep :\
Yeah, I don't even have a garage for my si which I regret all summer, so I have a hard enough time keeping it looking nice. Plasti dip for me I guess, until I make my fortune... ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts