9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Civic SI problems... it’s going in to limp mode intermittently while driving.. looking at the codes.. Could this be a bad VSA Module or a bad battery?
6C1DD490-4845-4B30-B2DF-B9803F26B9CF.png

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When did the problem start? ( ie today, a week ago, after the tpms was disconnected)
Any mods to the car?
Why/how did you disconnect the TPM System?
The problem started after a clutch replacement...I had my clutch repaired far from home and it happened as soon as I left the mechanic on my way back home (250 miles away from the mechanic that fixed the clutch). It’s been happening for the last 4 months. If we turn the car off and back on, it clears and that’s what we have been doing for the last 4 months. I am trying to fix it now. The TPMS has been off since I bought the car..No mods except exhaust.. The exhaust has been installed every since I have had the car....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I am only getting check TPMS, check VSA, that’s all I can remember off the top of my head. I do know that I don’t remember seeing check charging system...I’ll double check when I get off work.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The problem started after a clutch replacement...I had my clutch repaired far from home and it happened as soon as I left the mechanic on my way back home (250 miles away from the mechanic that fixed the clutch). It’s been happening for the last 4 months. If we turn the car off and back on, it clears and that’s what we have been doing for the last 4 months. I am trying to fix it now. The TPMS has been off since I bought the car..No mods except exhaust.. The exhaust has been installed every since I have had the car....
Do you know what brand clutch was installed? Was the flywheel also replaced? It is very common to trigger the misfire detection when using an aftermarket clutch kit. If the weight of the flywheel doesn't match the stock specs, you will get the CEL.
This mostly happens when using lightweight/racing clutches. But can also happen with low end oe replacements (duralast, etc).
Unfortunately, the fix is to install a stock Honda clutch or install hondata to disable the misfire detection.

Similar thread here VSA, Emmisions, and PowerSteering Light

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you know what brand clutch was installed? Was the flywheel also replaced? It is very common to trigger the misfire detection when using an aftermarket clutch kit. If the weight of the flywheel doesn't match the stock specs, you will get the CEL.
This mostly happens when using lightweight/racing clutches. But can also happen with low end oe replacements (duralast, etc).
Unfortunately, the fix is to install a stock Honda clutch or install hondata to disable the misfire detection.

Similar thread here VSA, Emmisions, and PowerSteering Light

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, they may have installed an aftermarket flywheel. I believe I’m going to have to dissemble and check. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
22 Posts
After reading a lot of posts, I think I will listen to my mechanic and replace it with the Original Honda Si Parts regarding the clutch. Those Street Clutches look & the specs sound good but, if you are not doing the work 100% yourself it could be a costly adventure and with potential problems down the road.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I would say it's the aftermarket flywheel. If you went lighter, then it will throw codes...... this will be my bet. You can either, switch to OEM flywheel or any company that states their flywheel doesn't throw a code or get flashpro and disable it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts