9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 2012 Civic Si sedan w/ Nav today. I test drove a black one, beat the crap out of it, and ended up buying a blue one with 3 miles on it. I'm really digging the voice nav / bluetooth functionality, haven't figures out everything yet though, got some reading to do.

Planning to drive it easy for 500-600 miles and then let it rip. The dealer experience was very good, they did their usual tricks, but I stuck to my guns and got a pretty good deal.

Here are a couple of pics of the car.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Honda civic Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not cool! How would a fellow 9th member like to purchase the car turbojay test drove? Seems like you're proud of it. So congrats, I guess.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not cool! How would a fellow 9th member like to purchase the car turbojay test drove? Seems like you're proud of it. So congrats, I guess.
youre right, but i would have the sense to never buy a car thats on the lot.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
nice ride...congrats

·
Registered
512 Posts
Dyno blue pearl - damn u auto correct!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all. I will finally get to drive it to work tomorrow. Looking forward to enjoying my daily commute again.

·
Registered
343 Posts
welcome to the 9th gen fam

·
Registered
980 Posts
Seriously? You don't want to see what a car can do during a test drive?
Not really possible to see the true potential during a test drive - I find that most Honda engines won't reach their true sweet spots until a couple of thousand miles are on them. And you don't need to beat the crap out of it to understand the driving dynamics of a car... burnouts, clutch drops, drifts and such aren't called for. Nothing wrong with a spirited test drive though!

Honestly I'd rather buy a stick shift new with as few miles on it, while I wouldn't think twice about buying a pre-owned auto tranny.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sweet color!! Nice ride.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not really possible to see the true potential during a test drive - I find that most Honda engines won't reach their true sweet spots until a couple of thousand miles are on them. And you don't need to beat the crap out of it to understand the driving dynamics of a car... burnouts, clutch drops, drifts and such aren't called for. Nothing wrong with a spirited test drive though!

Honestly I'd rather buy a stick shift new with as few miles on it, while I wouldn't think twice about buying a pre-owned auto tranny.
When the salesman himself is egging you on, why not rip a burnout on a car you don't own? Anyways, it was more of a spirited drive that I did than anything else. I would never buy a "demo" car for what people have done to it during test drives.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
When the salesman himself is egging you on, why not rip a burnout on a car you don't own? Anyways, it was more of a spirited drive that I did than anything else. I would never buy a "demo" car for what people have done to it during test drives.
I think he's just saying what he is because you said "beat the crap out" and ofc any of us wants the our cars to be most respected. Anywho, definitely loving the dyno blue, congrates on the car buddy and welcome to the fam!

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I don't blame anyone that actually test drives a car enthusiastically. My general rule is give the salesguy as much adrenaline as they will tolerate and I do ask them for that before leaving the lot. Limiting factors for me are, usually the wife is in the car and I do intend to take delivery of the one I test drive.

Welcome to the 9th Gen Si family. I hope you enjoy your commute to work as much as I do each day.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts