9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2012 ex 3 months ago. My local honda dealer had a deal on for 52 point inspection, alignment check and carwash for free. I decided to jump on it. Well when they called me today they told me my rear toe on left side was out, right front toe and both front casters are out. To knock it all off its not covered under warranty. Ive attached the printout they gave me. The caster is alarming to me because it shouldn't be out (and it can't be adjusted). I should get the toe fixed but i don't know if I should call honda warranty office or just get it done. what do you guys think?

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
wow...what kind of driving are you doing?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Be careful with what the dealer tells you. Most times they are full of BS and you dont need anything done and its all made up. My former Mazda dealer was known to pull crap. They tried to get me to change fluids all of the time when it didnt even need it. They showed me their chart of what it should look like with new samples and what mine looked like. Funny thing is they once told me my oil was black and showed me so I went pulled out the dipstick and said, "hmmm I wonder why the sample you have is black because I have syn oil in the car and it looks fine to me." They just looked dumb founded because I caught them.
Is there somewhere else you can go to have an inspection done for free? Thats what I would do. Get a 2nd opinion. I cant see an alignment being out that much in just 3 months....unless you do drive crazy which I'm sure you dont. Could call Honda too and complain to them and see what they say.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you have you vehicle adjusted make sure you are in the vehicle and the normal load that you carry is on board since these weights, I have found, affect your alignment values. You'll get a more accurate alignment this way. And make sure they are not just "setting the toe and lettin' her go" which many technicians on flat rate will do because of the pay. I never made any money when I was assigned an alignment because I made sure my values were true. The guy that was salaried could spend 2 days on an alignment and nobody cared.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't let the dealer give you a run around. Honda pays the dealer for one four wheel alignment if done shorty after the car is purchased. I was told, 5,000 miles. I had to get two alignments done (one at 5k and another at 10k) before the drifting actually was resolved. Let's hope another will not be necessary at 15k.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just got my 2012 ex 3 months ago. My local honda dealer had a deal on for 52 point inspection, alignment check and carwash for free. I decided to jump on it. Well when they called me today they told me my rear toe on left side was out, right front toe and both front casters are out. To knock it all off its not covered under warranty. Ive attached the printout they gave me. The caster is alarming to me because it shouldn't be out (and it can't be adjusted). I should get the toe fixed but i don't know if I should call honda warranty office or just get it done. what do you guys think?
I think you should drive it and keep an eye on tire wear those numbers even if they are out are only out by .030 and .050 degrees which is really not alot almost any car on the road even brand new is out slighly.. Your tires are your number one indicator.. Keep a close eye on them and dont let the dealer get your money they are just trying to make money why do you think they check it for FREE...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts