9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Bought my 2012 EX sedan in April 2011 as a daily commuter. I'll hit 104k by the end of this week. I called my Honda shop where I go for regular oil changes/rotations to ask about the recommendations and cost for the 105k service. After browsing this forum this is the tentative list of items with associated prices from the Honda service department.

1. Spark Plugs $175 (never been changed)
2. Brake Fluid $105 (never been flushed)
3. Coolant $135 (never been flushed)
4. Drive belt $175 (never been changed)
5. Oil & filter change $40 (standard)
6. Automatic Transmission Fluid drain and refill $85 (never been changed)
7. Rear brake pads replaced and rear rotors resurfaced $270 (was recommended service at 92k)

Total: $985 + tax

Tires are ~75%. I take care of cabin filter and k&n filter cleaning. Is there anything on here I'm missing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Need to know shop hourly rate and part prices to more accurate.
But, off hand those prices look a little heavy, to me.

An independent garage (not chain shops) could have a cheaper price.

If the rear rotors are still smooth, the resurface job is probably not needed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You can save yourself some money and do most of this yourself. Fluids and plugs are very easy as well as brakes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Woo those rear brakes are expensive! We charge $99 for rear brakes at my dealer. We normally do not have to resurface rear rotors and probably dont need to be like Teeps said. Spark plugs and drive belt can be done yourself easily. Only thing id do at the dealership is fluids but thats cause im too lazy to find stuff to put fluids in to take them to get recycled. The prices do seem a bit high but you can cut down on some costs by doing yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts