9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I'm in the middle of doing a complete EX -> Si interior swap on a 2012 EX Coupe. I've already done the front seats (complete with airbag warning light!) and I'm looking in to all the dash bits. I've sourced a donor car and I'm curious about the gauges and odometer. Is the odometer information stored in the tachometer, speedometer, iMID or ECU? My second question is will the VTEC meter work at all?? How does the cluster read "VTEC?" Is it based off of RPM or does the Si have a special sensor/harness for such information? Also would a new cluster mean reprogramming the immobilizer or getting new keys?

Sorry for needless questions, I can definitely do without the gauges, I just like all the red parts.

FYI:
♦I will be switching to the newer 14/15 style dash. The seats are from a 12/13 so they're all black.
♦I do have knowledge in modifying/upgrading interior parts and adding features, but my experience is with VW products. Honda does things a little differently!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think iv'e seen a few youtube videos over this and somehow the lights were working and others weren't?, search it up it looks like a interesting swap

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sounds like quite the project going here. Whats all this ran you so far if you dont mind me asking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts