9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part of the HF package includes special tires/wheels and a additional(s) under body panels for better air flow. Does anyone have any info ( part# etc.) on these parts? Will they fit an EX? See insert from HF add.

New to the Civic lineup, the Civic HF takes fuel efficiency to higher levels[.
The Slippery Civic
The new Civic HF has the same smooth, mpg-enhancing shape as all Civics.

The Science of Fuel Saving
The Civic HF also gets the same efficient powerplant as the rest of the lineup, but adds an aerodynamic decklid spoiler and unique alloy wheels with low rolling-resistance tires.

Go Low
To further enhance aerodynamics, the ride of the HF was lowered a bit compared to other Civic models, and special wind-cheating underbody panels were

·
Registered
12 Posts
Instead of coming up with a HF model, they should have just done it for all 2012 Civic lineups. That would at least justify the "all-new" claim.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cuz it would cost more further increase the price. HF is 19k and there is no DX, LX, etc. Just HF specs seem like an LX.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm pretty sure the whole civic line up has underbody panels across the board. I'm sure that's the case for the Canadian cars unless the underbody panels are different on the HF. My LX has them and bluetooth is standard on the LX as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I checked underneath my LX. There seems to be panels underneath the car. I think the main difference between a HF and original sedan, is that they have lighter wheels and a rear spoiler which I think have no purpose in aerodynamics (maybe for looks?). I think even think the wheels are much lighter than the steelies we're running.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I checked underneath my LX. There seems to be panels underneath the car. I think the main difference between a HF and original sedan, is that they have lighter wheels and a rear spoiler which I think have no purpose in aerodynamics (maybe for looks?). I think even think the wheels are much lighter than the steelies we're running.
Mine also has the under-cover panels like the HF model has. Maybe it is standard for all 2012 Civics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not on all of them!

Thanks for the part numbers and diagram link. Just want to let every know that it does not come on all of them. My 2012 EX-L is missing the rear two panels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got #12 & 13 panels yesterday. Plastic!! Still have to figure out what to do about the clips because I was unable to order them.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts