9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got #12 & 13 panels yesterday. Plastic!! Still have to figure out what to do about the clips because I was unable to order them.

Can you post what clips you used and ordered, after you're done installing the under panels.

-Brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have not had the time to look into the clips yet. The panel are still sitting in the box. I need to take a trip to the big city and find a dealer that will help me with this. If any one knows where I can get the clips on line please post it.

Thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have not had the time to look into the clips yet. The panel are still sitting in the box. I need to take a trip to the big city and find a dealer that will help me with this. If any one knows where I can get the clips on line please post it.

Thanks
clips you can just get from the part department front honda or go to autozone and they have many different OEM style clips

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Panels installed.

Finally got the two panels installed yesterday. It very easy if you have a hoist. The rear panel uses 2 existing bumper clips, (3) 8mm? bolt holes with welded nuts already there and (1) 10mm push clips. The front panel uses (2) 10mm push clips and (2) existing 8mm? bolts. I also used (2) large cable ties to hold the panel tighter up against the gas tank brackets. I did not have 10mm push clips so I used bolts and washers. With no problem. So fare things look promising. One highway trip, 60 miles going, 50.6 mpg and 47.8 mpg on the return. My average on the tank so far is 45.4 but I,m still at 3/4 of a tank. My 15 mile trip to work seems to have pick up about 2mpg. Really to early to tell it it really did any thing yet. I will keep you posted.:eusa_dance:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Finally got the two panels installed yesterday. It very easy if you have a hoist. The rear panel uses 2 existing bumper clips, (3) 8mm? bolt holes with welded nuts already there and (1) 10mm push clips. The front panel uses (2) 10mm push clips and (2) existing 8mm? bolts. I also used (2) large cable ties to hold the panel tighter up against the gas tank brackets. I did not have 10mm push clips so I used bolts and washers. With no problem. So fare things look promising. One highway trip, 60 miles going, 50.6 mpg and 47.8 mpg on the return. My average on the tank so far is 45.4 but I,m still at 3/4 of a tank. My 15 mile trip to work seems to have pick up about 2mpg. Really to early to tell it it really did any thing yet. I will keep you posted.:eusa_dance:
thats incredible man

·
Registered
9 Posts
Part of the HF package includes special tires/wheels and a additional(s) under body panels for better air flow. Does anyone have any info ( part# etc.) on these parts? Will they fit an EX? See insert from HF add.
My father in-law recently bought a CIVIC LX and I'm converting it to match the HF under body. There are two panels missing, one directly under the gas tank, and another under the trunk all the way back to the bumper bottom.
I ordered and installed the panels. They use two different kind of plastic snaps and a few steel bolts.
I noticed that the panel under the gas tank is only attached to the front and the rear ends with no support in the middle, that's because the HF uses different fuel tank support straps with welded brackets (brackets missing on the LX model) for additional support.
I ordered those too and will find out if they are compatible with the LX gas tank which shows up as a different part number than the HF tank.
For the mean time the panel is secured with tie-wraps to make sure it does not flutter or oil can.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks gohammer! Please let us know if it works out or not.

and if possible once everything works out. Can you copy and paste us the exact part numbers and qty used in this project?

Kind regards,

Brian

·
Registered
120 Posts
So I wonder how much the deck lid spoiler helps? I may get one if it does not hurt.S

ue your correct on those. They don't cost enough. :eusa_dance:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks gohammer! Please let us know if it works out or not.

and if possible once everything works out. Can you copy and paste us the exact part numbers and qty used in this project?

Kind regards,

Brian
These parts are taking ages to get here, ordered November 11 and still not shipped. I'm sure tank straps are not a common part ordered. Here are the HF gas tank straps I ordered but I'm not sure if they are compatible until I can fit them.
17521-TR0-A70BAND, FUEL TANK MOUNTING1$15.75$15.75
17522-TR0-A50PIPE COMP, FUEL TANK MOUNTING1$13.10$13.10

Here are the missing under body panels that are compatible with the LX and EX:
74626-TR2-A00COVER, FUEL TANK (LOWER)$8.75 $8.75
74625-TR7-A00COVER, RR. FLOOR (LOWER)$20.50 $20.50

The picture posted by R90S shows panels that look the same as the HF panels.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The tank straps will bolt up no problem. Just take your time and don't crossthread the bolts.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Gohammer,

Did you possibly end up getting the parts needed? How did the project go? Any increase in MPG?

-Brian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Civic under body 011.jpg Civic under body 012.jpg Civic under body 015.jpg Civic under body 004.jpg Civic under body 006.jpg

Got the project finished last week, the gas tank support straps are 100% compatible with the Civic LX and every thing fits perfectly.
This is not my car, before the panels where installed my father in law made a road trip to Michigan driving at 75mph on cruise control most of the time and he claims the car averaged 37 MPG. He doesn't track MPG's so it will be hard to quantify from his experience.
This panels should start to make a difference on anything over 50 MPH. Civic under body 013.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
How much did it cost overall, an how hard was it?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look at post 34 for the cost of the gas tank straps and panels. I got the screws from Majestic and the plastic snap fasteners from Napa. Did not keep those receipts.
Very easy job, may need a 3/8 drive ratchet, extensions, universal, and sockets for the strap bolts. There is a heat shield that must be removed for access, very easy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Went to order these panels and the two straps but stopped because the UPS was $55! Was from College Hills Honda. Guess I better
go to the local dealer.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts