9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these wheels and had them installed yesterday. The front is 18x8 and the rear is 18x9. It'll look so much better when I give the car a drop. Let me know what you think.

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Been in the car scene building race and show cars for many years. They are nice wheels but whoever sold you staggered wheels on a fwd is a idiot and should be fired. If you ordered this set up you should sell it and or sell 2 and run the same at all four's (sorry dude)

yes once dropped she will look good, nice wheels!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dont, but just never buy wheels from that shop again as they sold you the wrong set up. Maybe he was a co op student :p run the same size tires at all 4 and keep the larger diameter in the rear :)
He was actually the owner of the shop. That shop is well-known in San Diego.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dont, but just never buy wheels from that shop again as they sold you the wrong set up. Maybe he was a co op student :p run the same size tires at all 4 and keep the larger diameter in the rear :)
What are the cons of me having staggered wheels? I mean the car looks good but what are the negative effects?

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
What are the cons of me having staggered wheels? I mean the car looks good but what are the negative effects?

you'll be fine dont worry. A lot of people on here will go on and on and tell you how bad it is. and how it can promote understeer and BLAH BLAH BLAh. All these people worry about things that won't happen unless your racing in Daytona or something. So to those people, shut up and load your groceries. You are not race car drivers, the civic is not a race car.

/rant

anyways. The only real world negative effect you will see, is you can't rotate your tires. other than that. enjoy the wheels.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts