9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long time civic owner , 1st Time Si Owner so far so good . I'm sure it'll be bulletproof like the other civic I've had thanks for the add , looking forward to learning from yall civic guru's...Lol... Nashville, TN
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Long time civic owner , 1st Time Si Owner so far so good . I'm sure it'll be bulletproof like the other civic I've had thanks for the add , looking forward to learning from yall civic guru's...Lol... Nashville, TN View attachment 494550
Looks exactly like mine. I also own a 2012 SI in black. The only thing I have done to it is change the wheels and thats it. Havent done much aside from that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gotta lower it!!!
I would lower it but I live in a state where you never know how much snow you are going to get so I wouldnt want to get into a situation where I would be stuck if it would snow a lot lol. I was thinking about maybe adding a rear sway bar or maybe changing my suspension but I dont even know where to begin looking. This is coming from a complete noob who never got to working on his car. The one thing I did do was change my shifter bushings to some acuity ones and I'm glad I went ahead with it.

With that being said, any recommendations for rear sway bars or suspensions that can improve my driving experience. Not looking to lower my car.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,142 Posts
I would lower it but I live in a state where you never know how much snow you are going to get so I wouldnt want to get into a situation where I would be stuck if it would snow a lot lol. I was thinking about maybe adding a rear sway bar or maybe changing my suspension but I dont even know where to begin looking. This is coming from a complete noob who never got to working on his car. The one thing I did do was change my shifter bushings to some acuity ones and I'm glad I went ahead with it.

With that being said, any recommendations for rear sway bars or suspensions that can improve my driving experience. Not looking to lower my car.
Unfortunately any kind of aftermarket suspension or springs will lower the car. You can look at upgrading your rear sway bar to a 22mm, there are a couple companies that make them for the 9thgen Si. Rear sway bar is probably one of your best bang for the buck handling modifications.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unfortunately any kind of aftermarket suspension or springs will lower the car. You can look at upgrading your rear sway bar to a 22mm, there are a couple companies that make them for the 9thgen Si. Rear sway bar is probably one of your best bang for the buck handling modifications.
Ohhh ok so I guess any suspension upgrades will be something for the future. In the time being, for rear sway bars do you have any recommendations? I’m not too familiar with all the different companies out there.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,142 Posts
Ohhh ok so I guess any suspension upgrades will be something for the future. In the time being, for rear sway bars do you have any recommendations? I’m not too familiar with all the different companies out there.
Progress makes good sway bars they are popular with the Civic crowd.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,142 Posts
So i found these from procivic.com its only the rear sway bar for $133 is this a good option?
Eibach is a good option as well price seems reasonable too. Difference is Progress sway bar is stiffer than Eibach but honestly not a huge difference.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Eibach is a good option as well price seems reasonable too. Difference is Progress sway bar is stiffer than Eibach but honestly not a huge difference.
I found the progress rear sway bar you were mentioning and as you said they are both about the same price. If difference is not huge, I can go with either or? Pretty stoked for these small upgrades to my car as I never got the opportunity but now that I have some extra cash I decided to treat my car. I just recently bought some tires and not to long ago I changed the shifter bushings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts