9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 honda civic si coupe, and it shakes when I accelerate in 2nd gear around 2500 rpm - 3000 rpm. Not to sure what it is. I've parked it, put it in neutral and reved up to 2500 also and it does the same thing. I feel like its not as bad as it is when its cold then warmed up. Can anyone help me out ? thanks. BTW No CEL,

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
bad motor mount?

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
So its just the motor that shakes?And does it at only a certain RPM range?T is probably right it could be a motor mount.Check out the engine at that RPM range with someone holding it there and if you can see the engine moving maybe its a mount.Or could be a engine issue if it only does it at a specific RPM range.That where I would start.Hope this helps.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,568 Posts
If it was a motor mount, the shake might not be felt with the car being revved in neutral, as there is nothing twisting things up as when power is being transmitted throughout the drive train to the pavement.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a 2012 honda civic si coupe, and it shakes when I accelerate in 2nd gear around 2500 rpm - 3000 rpm. Not to sure what it is. I've parked it, put it in neutral and reved up to 2500 also and it does the same thing. I feel like its not as bad as it is when its cold then warmed up. Can anyone help me out ? thanks. BTW No CEL,
Your motor mount is broken just as T-Virus mentioned. 2012 had a number of motor mount replacements. Not sure why Honda switched to cheap plastic mount. Take it in and it will be fixed under the warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
have the same problem,
Please advise,
after replacing Engine right side mount shakes when I accelerate even more then before replacing,
how much of space clearance should mount shows ?
Please help,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have the same problem did you find out if the mount was the problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts