9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Excited to have finally joined the Honda club. Been lurking around for a while on the outside looking in. Finally got an Si. Funny because I was all gunned for an Audi A7 but the price and sleek look of the si convinced me...not including the performance.

As good as the Si looked my wife and I started on our remodel project. We've almost completely redone the entire thing. Changed headlights, tailights, exterior color, interior lighting, added double din deck, replaced all speakers (even tweeters)...replaced factory sub and amp, replaced front bumper with bisimoto front, added side and rear skirts, added underbody after burner turn signals, a few more things. It was a project and a half to get to the factory deck. I was a bit annoyed because the dealership didn't sell manuals for the 2012 but the tech's were being all stingy with the info of removing certain items. Finally cornered my sales guy and got him to talk to the service supervisor and discovered how to remove the back seats of the coupe... Anna and I were proud, we did all this by ourselves.

I'll include the pics. I feel like star trek we ventured where no one had gone before. A bit of advice for those buying the newest model on the market... you'll have to figure things out yourself because no one even the dealer will help you much. Here are a few pics below of what we've done so far. I'll show the originals first.

alright will add pics of new

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
steering wheel control

here is where we got a bit of help adding the pac steering wheel control. I needed to remove all the steering to route all the wires up anyway so it worked out perfectly.

In an attempt to have a more sleek look, we removed the factory blue which wasn't too difficult. Hope you have dexterous hands :)

But when we installed the new blue tooth from the deck into the same area where the factory was, it was obvious why the factory was so poor... BAD LOCATION! I sounded almost as faint in sound as before so we moved it to securing it to the visor and it was night and day. Earlier we dyna matted the entire vehicle in hopes of sound proofing. Sad to report that it helped a little but not even close to what i thought. Had i to redo it I wouldn't have spent the $4-$600 on dynamat material for the entire vehicle. Seems honda just go cheap on sound proofing. Sound not so bad on urban roads, mostly on highway.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let the makeover begin!

When i was on the verge of getting Audi q7, I fell in love with the sexiest color i'd ever seen. it wasn't brown, it wasn't anything i'd ever really seen or if i had paid attention to. It was teak brown metallic and DANG it looked (for a lack of a better term) HOT!

So i decided to repaint the car tbm after a month of owning it. My wife and kids helped me sand the car down. Only needed to sand off the clear coat. Took a good 2 days though. Bought paint myself and wheeled and dealed to get the painter to spray in his shop for $300. Bought new Scion fog lights to fit in to the hole of the new front bumper. Tinted windows of course. I love honda and all but i detest any decals whatsoever! If you want me to advertise for you, PAY ME. So i replaced it with my favorite soccer team. Any Arsenal Fans will appreciate what i did.Got new 18" wheels, sanded wheels really good and repainted the wheel Teak Brown metallic. It was really an experiment but my wife is a visual genius so it turned out really good!

I normally buy aftermarket head and tail lights but one selling aftermarket tail lights for the 9th gen civic right now so i took advice from a painter to smoke them without buying a film. He suggested I spray the lights with a bit of clear coat and it'll look good. We figured if it doens't look good that's what paint thinner or goof off is for. We sprayed and it turned out just right!

Routing the wires wasn't too for sub wasn't too difficult after the back seat was out. Now getting the 0 gauge wire to through firewall was a miracle. GET A REALLY GOOD AND STURDY WIRE GRABBER, it'll save you a lot of time and headache!

I was a bit concerned with the connections working since i didn't have a navi model. The dealership kept telling me I can't do a navi when my car didn't come with a navi setup. BLASPHEMY! We did it! added and front and rear camera to replace the other two. Why a front? Close proximity parking.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no on the fitment. realized i had to do what i had to do when i got it. it wasn't cut to the exact specs unfortunately so it is what it is. I do like i more than the oem bumper though. It's not the strongest fiber glass i ever bought so if i haven't sold the bumper by then i'm considering painting it and putting it back on

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Looks good! I would say you successfully personalized your car and that you will never see another Si exactly like yours. I'm digging the color as well.

From one of your last pictures it looks like the FL fender is a bit dented at the top. It may be just the picture and reflection though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello I like how your car looks were did u buy the body kit I have s 2012 si sedan witch iv modified parts like clutch flywheel big bore throttle with spacer a k&n intake and and pulleys as wel hondata flash pro and I have have a carbon fiber hood witch is on its way please let me know i like the kit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thnx! Got kit from acrid.com. Had them
Mix and match between the 2 kits. I liked rear and one and front of bisimoto so they did it.

Keep in mind you'll have to do some modifying bc unfortunately kit isn't cut to exact Honda specs

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I could use some help.. I installed new tweeters but I get an audible hiss even when unit not one. Wondering if tweeter wiring still going to factory amp? Heard maybe tweeters getting too much power?
Just heard speculation anyone heard of this or know or solution?
Maybe bypass and wire tweeters direct to head unit?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a slight hissing too, but not bad enough to tear it up trying to isolate it. You have to paint those jambs tho man! Mask it off with some plastic sheets, take the panel off and get er done. Must be nice to have a wife all in the car working and stuff. Cool deal lol!

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
Definitely finish the door jambs! But I will give it to you, I could never do that to a new car! But congrats on customizing your ride:)

·
I Need A Vacation
13,537 Posts
Definitely finish the door jambs! But I will give it to you, I could never do that to a new car! But congrats on customizing your ride:)
You took the words right out of my mouth.

·
Registered
251 Posts
yes i also have an Si. all yours needs is a car wash my friend!

the hissing could be that you wired the sub woofer incorrect.
did you line the power cable and the speakers cable together??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts