9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - New member here! Anyways, I am new to car building. My civic will be the first car I will do modifications on before getting a Type R further down the road. My question is, what aftermarket parts should I add to my vehicle? Some things to note: I would love to make a sporty and loud sound like the Borla S Type exhaust produces, air bags to switch between heights, daily driving mods recommendations, and a fast and reliable car. I searched up turbos for the Civic 2012 Lx 1.8 but I’m honestly not sure where to start. Thanks for your recommendations!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,390 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

Not to put out your camp fire, but if you already have the Type-R in your sites, I'd say save the money you would be pouring into an LX to make any reasonable power increase, and use it to purchase a Type-R (they ain't cheap).

·
I Need A Vacation
13,401 Posts
Agree with Scotty here save the money and get the Type R sooner would be my recommendation. The R18 is an amazing engine designed for reliability and efficiency but it was never designed for performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree with Scotty here save the money and get the Type R sooner would be my recommendation. The R18 is an amazing engine designed for reliability and efficiency but it was never designed for performance.
Is the type R engine also reliable and efficient like the R18?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,390 Posts
I find it hard to believe Honda would build a grenade, but drive hard enough, often enough, and who knows?

Efficiency? I'd look at a 10th gen forum to get owners' takes on mpgs (if you can find an owner with a feather foot in those cars - haha).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts