9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HelmInc service manual coming?

Does anyone (I know there are a few Honda employees here) know if the Helm Service Manual is coming soon for the 2012 civic?

I know the car is fairly new, but I'd love to get the manual. I find it helps a lot when working on the car.

Bought it for my 01 Civic and 03 CRV and haven't regretted it a single bit.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If I remeber right this is an auto ship item. So they will know only when it comes in

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is there an available hard copy service manual for 2012 Civic LX yet? I've seen referrals to online copy ($150) but I'd rather have hard copy. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
When you say service manual, do you mean the owner's manual or the more techincal one for in depth repairs?

I only ask because I actually have a spare book of all the 2012 Civic Coupe manuals that came with the car from my Si that got totaled last March, and I'd be happy to help you out if needed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks mno, I'm actually looking for the "thick" (maybe 2-3 lbs?) service manual that shows steps on how to repair the entire vehicle. Usually the ones that come with car are the "owners" manual.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
That's what I figured. Still wanted to make sure though all the same. Good luck in your search! I'll keep an eye open for you.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Is there an available hard copy service manual for 2012 Civic LX yet? I've seen referrals to online copy ($150) but I'd rather have hard copy. Thanks in advanced.
The only source for Official Honda service manuals, starting with 2012 Civic and subsequent models, is: ServiceExpress

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

ServiceExpress is American Honda and Honda Canada's service repair information website for independent repair shops and vehicle owners.
This information covers all Honda and Acura vehicles from 1990 to current.

Subscriptions:
1 Day - $10.00 USD
30 Days - $50.00 USD
365 Days - $350.00 USD

It's possible that Chilton's or Clymer or some other 3rd party publisher could strike a deal with Honda.
But if you've ever used brand X manuals, they are not the answer either.

Do It Yourself and DIY Auto Repair by ChiltonDIY

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
But does American Honda/ServiceExpress produce a hard copy manual? I have one for my 2003 Honda CBR600RR that I bought from the motorcycle dealership. Can we just go do the same for our Civics?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
434 Posts
Only body repair manuals, tech training & electrical troubleshooting manuals are available for the 2012 civic on that site which can be ordered in a paper copy or CD versions.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I really don't think they are making physical manuals anymore. Unfortunate, but true. One good thing about the Manuals being online at the dealership is they can constantly update the manual and fix previous error's that they had made in the original.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The only source for Official Honda service manuals, starting with 2012 Civic and subsequent models, is: ServiceExpress

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

ServiceExpress is American Honda and Honda Canada's service repair information website for independent repair shops and vehicle owners.
This information covers all Honda and Acura vehicles from 1990 to current.

Subscriptions:
1 Day - $10.00 USD
30 Days - $50.00 USD
365 Days - $350.00 USD

It's possible that Chilton's or Clymer or some other 3rd party publisher could strike a deal with Honda.
But if you've ever used brand X manuals, they are not the answer either.

Do It Yourself and DIY Auto Repair by ChiltonDIY
Thanks for the info....man that su*ks!!! BIG TIME!! I'm used to purchasing a hard copy service manual since late 80s....I guess businesses save more when everything are in "1s" and "0s" ...makes sense for them and people like me got to adjust or find other means.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
* Thanks for the info....man that su*ks!!! BIG TIME!!
** I'm used to purchasing a hard copy service manual since late 80s....
*** guess businesses save more when everything are in "1s" and "0s" ...
**** makes sense for them and people like me got to adjust or find other means.

* Yes it does.
** As was I.
*** Yes, but there is no backup when the "tech" fails, or internet access is not available.
**** Or, you and others can make some noise about the lack of paper service manuals.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Helm, Inc. has sold Honda technical repair manuals in the past, but they don't list much for the 2012's except for body repair guides, technical guides, and owner's manuals. Maybe in a year or two they'll have something, assuming they kept the contract from Honda to publish them.

I had one for the Ridgeline (about $150) and it was amazing - had everything in it.

Chip H.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Helm, Inc. has sold Honda technical repair manuals in the past, but they don't list much for the 2012's except for body repair guides, technical guides, and owner's manuals.

Maybe in a year or two they'll have something, assuming they kept the contract from Honda to publish them.

Chip H.
Don't hold your breath...

Honda is not delivering service manual content to Helm or anyone else for publishing in paper.

·
Registered
46 Posts
* Yes it does.
** As was I.
*** Yes, but there is no backup when the "tech" fails, or internet access is not available.
**** Or, you and others can make some noise about the lack of paper service manuals.
Good idea with making some "noise" ...I am planning on writing a letter to Honda America HQ...hopefully others that are interested can do the same Customer Service - Official Honda Web Site

By Mail
American Honda Motor Co.,
Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Mail
Stop: 500 - 2N - 7A
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

1 - 20 of 24 Posts