9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
panel gap.jpeg.jpg

Hey guys, wanted to pick your brains on something that drives me nuts every time I drive my car. I've had some work done on the driver's side door in a vain attempt to fix a design flaw on my car (when the window's all the way up, there's an air leak somewhere in the door panel). As a result, I know they've removed the panel from my car. I've noticed now that there is an enormous gap (you could lose coins down it) between the small divider between the driver's side window and the small DLO window. It's not nearly flush up against the trim as it is on the passenger side, and I've noticed as well that the door panel appears to be "sagging" in that spot. You can see from the arrow the direction the door panel goes. You can actually see a hole in the weatherstripping.

Is everyone else's car like this as well? Or do I need to bring it back and have them fix another problem. I can't imagine, even in their cost cutting, that Honda would leave such a gaping hole like that to the visible eye. I've looked at other Si's but without getting into them, I can't figure out if this is normal or not.

Any advice or photos would be GREATLY appreciated. I just want this fixed if it's worse/not normal, because it looks REALLY cheap and it distracts me every time I'm in the car. I've never seen such a poor job of hiding a cut out. Like there was no effort done to firmly press it up against that pillar to create a solid seal...

Thanks guys!​

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Brilliant insight OrlandoSi. About the level I'd expect from you.

Anybody have anything USEFUL to contribute? I'm serious.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Is it just on your drivers side? I have a sedan and it's like that on both doors for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: mno86

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, just on the driver's side door. It's pretty tight and even on the passenger side. The only reason I'm asking is because I don't think it looks normal, and I suspect it was from when they took the door panel off and put it back on. I don't recall that area by the black pillar to be as wide. No QC would've passed that.

I had a sedan as a rental, and this area looks significantly more covered up than it does on the coupes.

Again, it's not a huge deal, but if there's a clip missing (causing the slope and gap), I'd like it fixed. Nothing annoys me more when you go to get a problem fixed, and two new problems pop up.

Thanks for your info MrK24 :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts